How do you think the world will end?

Stagnation is symptomatic of the individual. It's the responsibility of the individual to persevere above "stagnation". Don't blame society for creating convenience, blame the people. Besides, shouldn't a truly strong person be able to overcome fluffy pillows and remote controls? I would rather have people who are strong by choice than strong by necessity. It is our current society that truly separates the weak from the strong, because it's far more difficult to vanquish digital cable and online shopping than it is to survive in the woods for a few days. Those who are able to be strong in the face of the Teletubbies earn my respect more than those battling wolves in the wilderness, because the former's strength comes from the will, the latter from instinctual need to survive.

Go cradle up in the fetal position in the shower and lament for the fate of our planet.

I walk the Earth just as they planned
Baptized in fire for my ancient land
The coming curse, your anti-Christ, I am the Watcher's eye
I vindicate and cleanse the Earth of all mankind

For many years, I've walked among you
Through the folds of time and space
Kingdoms fall, leaders die, as I see fit
I devour souls of those that pose a threat

[chorus]
I walk the Earth another day
The wicked one that comes this way
Savior to my own, devil to some
Mankind falls, something wicked comes

I bide my time planning your fate
With bated breath, The Elder wait
The coming curse, your anti-Christ, I am the Watcher's eye
For your crimes on our kind you all will die

[chorus]

Forged in the sacred flames
On the sixth day
Of the sixth month
In the sixth hour

I am your anti-Christ, I will destroy mankind
Born of the beast and flames
I will devour, I will divide

Hellfire rages in my eyes
Blood will fall like rain this night
The coming curse, the anti-Christ, I am the Watcher's eye
I vindicate and cleanse the Earth of all mankind

Sorry but this thread reminds me so much of the trilogy and that song in particular.

Honestly I don't think humanity will ever go extinct unless some cataclysmic event happens in the near future that wipes us all out at once. We're too adaptable.

I can't even see nuclear war wiping everyone out, because basically everyone with nukes will wipe each other out so unless you get a crazed madman trying to nuke every square inch of the earth, there will probably be some survivors.

Assuming we develop the technology to travel to and teraform other planets, or simply create self-sustaining space ships, before the sun goes red giant or some giant asteroid hits us, I doubt we'll ever go extinct.

Honestly I don't think humanity will ever go extinct unless some cataclysmic event happens in the near future that wipes us all out at once. We're too adaptable.

I can't even see nuclear war wiping everyone out, because basically everyone with nukes will wipe each other out so unless you get a crazed madman trying to nuke every square inch of the earth, there will probably be some survivors.

Assuming we develop the technology to travel to and teraform other planets, or simply create self-sustaining space ships, before the sun goes red giant or some giant asteroid hits us, I doubt we'll ever go extinct.

Please tell me... who the fuck is gonna nuke Australia? There's your pocket of survivors right there.

The Canadians will be nice to the zombies and give them a nice patch of Saskatchewan as their own private land. The zombies will remain passively until discovering a Celine Dion CD. Enraged, the zombies kill everyone except me. I become leader of the zombies and subsequently conquer the world, becoming Emperor of the World, thereby fulfilling my life goal of having a wikipedia article written about me.

Zombies can't read or write, so unless you write the article yourself...who will. Plus, you'll be the only one reading it!

How pathetic is that shit?

Simply because you'll be leading a squad of extremely metal zombie killers. I call shotgun!

All right, but you have to dress like rambo. It's the law.

The Canadians will be nice to the zombies and give them a nice patch of Saskatchewan as their own private land. The zombies will remain passively until discovering a Celine Dion CD. Enraged, the zombies kill everyone except me. I become leader of the zombies and subsequently conquer the world, becoming Emperor of the World, thereby fulfilling my life goal of having a wikipedia article written about me.

Didn't our government already apolagize for her?

We're fuckin' sorry already.

Zombies can't read or write, so unless you write the article yourself...who will. Plus, you'll be the only one reading it!

How pathetic is that shit?
I will teach my zombie minions literacy.

Didn't our government already apolagize for her?

We're fuckin' sorry already.
I actually like the song from Titanic :oops:

Why do you despise television and video games so much? Television is as much a learning tool as the internet.

I never said I despised either. I used them as one example out of many. Yes I personally never watch TV or play games, but I have no quarrel with the use of them sparingly; it is the mentality which I speak of.

As for our "stagnation"... how are we stagnated? We have more free thinkers than ever before, we are more highly educated than ever before, we are making unprecedented movement in new technology. I simply don't see this stagnation you're talking about.

We have more free thinkers perhaps because we have 6 billion people on earth at the moment; not really a fair comparison when you take into account the majority are not.

You say we are more highly educated, but who is we? Are you merely refering to knowledge of the advancement of science and the like? A man can memorize a million things, but yet not comprehend a single one of them. Perhaps you refer to education systems in comparison to the past? In answer to that I only say that I was never arguing to go back in time, but to cut the population.

Stagnation is inevitable when you do not exercise your abilities. If you do not move around, your body gets bogged down with waste and poisons; it is the same for the mind. I suppose this is where we will probably differ, but again my original point was convenience as an example.

Why read when you can watch TV? Why cook when you can go to Mcdonalds? Why walk when you can drive? Why think when you can follow? This society is built around those things, and capitalism in particular is hell bent on making people stupid, not educating them. Educating people does not make them rich. How can one not be in awe over the lack of importance of the true self in a world of pointless endeavors? How are we ever to become a more advanced race if all we do is chase money?

Stagnation is symptomatic of the individual. It's the responsibility of the individual to persevere above "stagnation". Don't blame society for creating convenience, blame the people.

That is exactly what I am doing. Society is this way as a result of these people; but I see that you are leading into:

Besides, shouldn't a truly strong person be able to overcome fluffy pillows and remote controls? I would rather have people who are strong by choice than strong by necessity.

Of course, and so would I. Again, I never proposed we throw everyone into the woods and say "okay survive" (Though that would be funny as hell), I was speaking of a population reduction, and I really do believe that those people would wake up if they were allowed to get in touch with their instincts for a bit; or were let alone from the incessant chanting all about them that they are subjected to from birth.

You say you want people to be strong by choice; well first they have to be aware that they actually have one. People are educated in everything but the wisdom to know themselves. Why are they so miserable? They usually assume it is a lack of money, or it's "God's fault".

It is our current society that truly separates the weak from the strong, because it's far more difficult to vanquish digital cable and online shopping than it is to survive in the woods for a few days. Those who are able to be strong in the face of the Teletubbies earn my respect more than those battling wolves in the wilderness, because the former's strength comes from the will, the latter from instinctual need to survive.

Sorry, but I cannot praise a world that rolls around in money and would take all the natural rights of those that follow in the wake of their greed. I cannot support destroying the minds of our youth with the lies of society; and I certainly don't see the collective benefit of a few strong people who do not care about the future of our species. Hell, I haven't spoken to anyone in months, and I am cool with that, but even so I still care about the actual mental advancement of humanity.

If a man cannot do the most simple and natural things in life, then how is he to have a better understanding of himself? What a tragedy for a person to never have gone hungry for a few days; to never have seen a proper sunrise, to never have been brought to the brink of death and lived to tell of it, to never have walked for weeks and spent the night under the stars; to never have even looked up at the stars. You compare strength, but how can a man know strength if he does not know the natural world, or even himself?

I'm sorry, I thought your post was a joke, so I responded in a similarly joking matter, but you apparently actually believe what you're saying.

And if you talk of "a world that...would take all the natural rights" of people away and then go on to suggest that we partake in "population reduction", well, frankly, you lose a hell of a lot of credibility in terms of "making sense." Maybe you don't live in the Romantic Hero world that you evidently pine for, but what gives you the right to determine what is best for society? Why is starving for a few days better than not starving? What does that actually accomplish? I've never legitimately starved (and I question whether you have as well), but I doubt that that is a necessary condition in understanding the aphorism emblazoned upon the Temple of Apollo at Delphi. You're never going to have a just society that churns out the schmucks that you so dream of frolicking with, sorry. And in case, for some reason, it hasn't dawned on you, no world is fit for a population of leaders. Followers are a necessity, and the more there are, the better society functions and the better the truly strong are.