How do you think the world will end?

Once we humans and all our shit is gone the earth will turn into eden again. Ironic enough no one will be able to enjoy it,except from the animals

Sure it is. Convenience is stagnation and death? :lol:

So strife is not a necessary part of growth? Do not our obstacles enhance our character? How does television and video games make a nobler race of men? Of course you can take what I said to the extreme and then I suppose it might have some small amount of "funny" to it. Fact is that most people these days can't even start a fire without burning themselves let alone survive for a month in the wild.

So strife is not a necessary part of growth? Do not our obstacles enhance our character? How does television and video games make a nobler race of men? Of course you can take what I said to the extreme and then I suppose it might have some small amount of "funny" to it. Fact is that most people these days can't even start a fire without burning themselves let alone survive for a month in the wild.
Are you being serious?

So strife is not a necessary part of growth? Do not our obstacles enhance our character?

They Do.

How does television and video games make a nobler race of men?

Shinobi has made me into a ninja master.

Fact is that most people these days can't even start a fire without burning themselves let alone survive for a month in the wild.

I've seen these sorts of things. Change the sentence to "Can't start a fire".

Television and video games are symptoms of a lazy and selfish society... live with it. You're enjoying a third diversion in our world: the internet. Human beings in this day and age don't need to know how to survive for a month in the wild, for better or worse, because we've mastered our surroundings and rearranged them to our needs and wants.

Television and video games are symptoms of a lazy and selfish society... live with it. You're enjoying a third diversion in our world: the internet.

The internet is a decent learning tool; but in any case, this argument is a fallacy and holds no water in refuting my point.

Human beings in this day and age don't need to know how to survive for a month in the wild, for better or worse, because we've mastered our surroundings and rearranged them to our needs and wants.

I never said we needed to survive in the wild, I said that our current life of superfluity is stagnation. All you did was clarify that life. Though the "needs" part of your statement is highly debatable.

I said that our current life of superfluity is stagnation.

fail.jpg

The internet is a decent learning tool; but in any case, this argument is a fallacy and holds no water in refuting my point.

I never said we needed to survive in the wild, I said that our current life of superfluity is stagnation. All you did was clarify that life. Though the "needs" part of your statement is highly debatable.

Why do you despise television and video games so much? Television is as much a learning tool as the internet. Sure, a lot of the crap on it is just that... crap. But the same is true for the internet. Video games are leading to breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, so I don't see how that's a bad thing either. As for our "stagnation"... how are we stagnated? We have more free thinkers than ever before, we are more highly educated than ever before, we are making unprecedented movement in new technology. I simply don't see this stagnation you're talking about.