How England will win the World Cup this year...

Well, it's a pretty justified reputation. We have people here that only go to football matches to fight, not necessarily to watch the football. And it's especially rude when you go to someone else's country and behave like that.

I read a book about that called Among the Thugs. Can't remember the author's name--Buford, maybe? Crazy shit! Good book

Based purely on watching the Premiership games, the crowds seem well behaved in the stands.

I compare this to France and Spain where there are racist chants etc. It's disgusting. Also, I've seen the fans over there behind 'cages' where they can't climb over the barrier. This also prevents them from throwing shit at the players.

Thierry Henry said recently that he had no interest in playing in Spain. I don't see why any black player would want to play over there.

Oh yeah...also, the German authorities have already caught wind of the fact that all the hooligans this year are coming in from Poland in their masses. Most Polacks won't be allowed into Germany without showing evidence of actually having a ticket.

I didn't see the game because I didn't realize it was gonna be on FSC and read the match report. :bah: Good to see Crouch had a good game though.

Can't believe it....2 hours away from WORLD CUP KICK OFF....and I'm stuck in the office surrounded by the clueless.

Meanwhile, they're saying 1.5 BILLION people are glued to their tv sets right now.

I am so in the goddamn wrong country for the next 4 weeks. GAH.

I so can't keep my mind on work right now. Fuggin tivo working overtime.
Any predictions for today? I'm thinking first game=draw.

Eminor said:
I so can't keep my mind on work right now. Fuggin tivo working overtime.
Any predictions for today? I'm thinking first game=draw.

My anxiety is at an all time high...particularly for England. Ugh. I love it, yet I hate it.

My prediction for the opening game:

Germany 3 Costa Rica 0

3 nil you say? Huh, I don't expect them to come out that strong, even though it's their opening match as hosts. We'll know soon--BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!