How England will win the World Cup this year...

The England goalkeeper said that the ball isn't "goalkeeper friendly". It's too light and it swerves too easily.

That basically means more goals (or more strikes going way off target). I bet you'll find lots of teams trying to take long distance shots...

Fuck off to the whole anti-Germany thing. Most Germans are really friendly and polite (far from the fake superficial politeness, mind you), and it's just a myth that their national team plays dull football.

As for the Poland-Ecuador game, twas pretty surprising that the Polish team didn't do better. Ecuador was superior the first 75 minutes, and really deserved the win.

Henrik Main said:
Most Germans are really friendly and polite (far from the fake superficial politeness, mind you), and it's just a myth that their national team plays dull football.

Q4T

but they're Germans, so we hates them. Oh England is in the lead after 3 minutes already. Looks like we'll get to see some hot action for a change, kewwwwl! :kickass:

England were good the first 20 minutes or so (especially Joe Cole), whereas their performance in the second half was downright shitty. 0-0 would've been a fair result.

Ellestin said:
Looks like we'll get to see some hot action for a change, kewwwwl! :kickass:

Excellent prophecy there Elly :lol:

Wow @ the fact that Rami Shabaan, goalkeeper for Norwegian mediocre top division side Fredrikstad, is in the starting lineup for Sweden, due to Andreas Isaksson's injury. Fredrikstad were lucky to beat my local team, amateur side Sprint/Jeløy (the club I played for from 1993-2002 :cool: ) a couple of days ago in the Norwegian Cup.

England v Paraguay

First of all, what's up with the American broadcast? Could the camera have been any further away? It was like watching a sea of white and blue dots.

Right then, first half England were ok, they kept the ball, and 4-4-2 formation worked (even if the only goal was an own goal).

Second half was an atrocity. Sven Erikkson up to his old tricks trying to sit on the 1-0 lead just to get the 3 points. I suppose it paid off, but it just goes to show that England can ONLY play 4-4-2.

So then where the fuck was Theo Walcott? As suspected, Erikkson didn't have the balls to replace Owen with Walcott and went to 4-5-1 instead, with CROUCH as the lone striker???? What a joke.

Just goes to show that when push comes to shove, Erikkson doesn't know what he's doing and he's probably sitting there right now regretting that he sent Jermaine Defoe home.

For fucks sake, we have Owen Hargreaves and Phil Neville on the bench, but no Darren Bent or Jermain Defoe?????

*slaps head*

Oh well, at least we got the win, but....what are we gonna do against the bigger teams, even Sweden???

Also...what is up with the ball? It's as light as a feather...they just knock it and it goes 2 miles into orbit. The ball is WAY too light, and it's ridiculous that Germany have designed/played with this ball longer than other nations.

'kin Krauts.

Henrik Main said:
Fuck off to the whole anti-Germany thing. .

there were 10 German bombers in the air
and the RAF from England shot them down

RAF-Spitfire.jpg

:tickled:

Come on, the world cup wouldn't be the same without all that devout hatred towards the Gerries.

First of all, what's up with the American broadcast? Could the camera have been any further away? It was like watching a sea of white and blue dots.

yeah, it is a lot better in HD, expecially closeups ... but the commentators suck dick ... they referred to England as Germany I think twice ...

if only the Spanish channels weren't showing everything a day late ...

Yeah, this was the best bit....

"and of course, the most recognized face in Soccer is Michael Beckham".

Seriously, the USA needs to fuck off and die when it comes to broadcasting this. They should just buy the British feed and be done with it. I'd even be willing to buy the pay-per-view if there was an English option (but it's only in German). Jeebus.

"and of course, the most recognized face in Soccer is Michael Beckham".

:lol: ... yeah, that was great ...

and one of the commentators confessing that he does not know what "geezer" means ... :lol: