How England will win the World Cup this year...

Russell said:
Yes, WTF? That was just fucking ridiculous, trying desperately to sit on a flimsy lead like that doesn't bode well for later in the tournament.

Too shit scared to play Theo Walcott all of a sudden. We played really well in the first half in 4-4-2, but then changed it when Owen came off.

Oh well, as someone once said, "you can't win the world cup in the first round, but you can certainly lose it". Three points is what we need more than fancy footwork right now.

Re: HOLLAND -- Arjen Robben's goal was very Chelsea-like. :D Still, I think this one's gonna end in a draw.

Good game by The Netherlands, one of my four favourite teams in this year's World Cup. Robben was, as expected, outstanding. Next up is Mexico - Iran. Not the most exciting of games, probably, but we might be in for a pleasant surprise. Hopefully Mexico's Franco and Marquez will perform as well as they usually do for Villareal and Barcelona.

I forgot to paste my group predicitions ITT, so I'll do it now:

Group A:
1. Germany
2. Poland (they probably won't make it due to their loss against. Ecuador, though)
3. Ecuador
4. Costa Rica

Group B:
1. England
2. Sweden
3. Paraguay
4. Trinidad & Tobago

Group C:
1. The Netherlands
2. Argentina
3. Ivory Coast
4. Serbia & Montenegro

Group D:
1. Portugal
2. Mexico
3. Iran
4. Angola

Group E:
1. Italy
2. Czech Rep.
3. USA
4. Ghana

Group F:
1. Brazil
2. Croatia
3. Japan
4. Australia

Group G:
1. France
2. Switzerland
3. South Korea
4. Togo

Group H:
1. Spain
2. Ukraine
3. Tunisia
4. Saudi Arabia

We're gonna beat the Czechs tomorrow. I can feel it.

...and then we're gonna get SPANKED by Italy.

Dick Sirloin said:
We're gonna beat the Czechs tomorrow. I can feel it.

I hope so, but I doubt it.

Any other predictions on this game? Scores or results will do.

^ It's a joke that he's still the England manager. Why they didn't replace him immediately upon being fired is beyond me and the rest of the country.

I thought Portugal looked good, but I felt sorry for Angola. I think they deserved a 1-1 draw.

Also, I'm reminded of how much Portugal like to make a meal out of every tackle.

Anyone else think the US media is making the team sound like they are talking shit? I mean, that Landon Donovan is one confident fellow, at least that's what the papers make him out to be. Just curious.

So you're saying it's a media slant or real shit talking? Donovan is pretty open about the fact that he thinks the US can compete w/ anybody. He may be reaching, but it's that kind of attitude from guys like him and Beasley that helped the US do what they did last time around.
The thing I've noticed is how much the media have emphasized that this is the best US team we've had, without really telling the whole story, in that we're distinct underdogs in this group.

ABC is clueless, while ESPN is better than I expected. The commentary during Portugal vs Angola wasn't bad at all.

OK I'm smelling an upset today:

USA 2 : Czech Rep 1