How England will win the World Cup this year...

JayKeeley said:
jesus christ...dude, what are you talking about? The USA were HUGE underdogs going in, Italy should have won this 3-0!!

Yeah, but most Americans won't see it that way, will they? We want a WIN, dammit!

Personally, I think it's dumb that these things can end in a tie, just have a shootout or smth

Dick Sirloin said:
Yeah, but most Americans won't see it that way, will they? We want a WIN, dammit!

Personally, I think it's dumb that these things can end in a tie, just have a shootout or smth

OK well the first round is about points. Win = 3, Tie = 1, Loss = 0. The top 2 teams from each group qualify through to the next round. After that, it's knockout all the way baby!

It then means that if the game ends on a tie, they go into extra time where the "golden goal" can win a game. You might know this as "sudden death".

If nobody scores the golden goal, it goes to penalty kicks (which is a horrible way to be knocked out, especially if you've been the better team).

JayKeeley said:
OK well the first round is about points. Win = 3, Tie = 1, Loss = 0. The top 2 teams from each group qualify through to the next round. After that, it's knockout all the way baby!

It then means that if the game ends on a tie, they go into extra time where the "golden goal" can win a game. You might know this as "sudden death".

If nobody scores the golden goal, it goes to penalty kicks (which is a horrible way to be knocked out, especially if you've been the better team).

That's not the way Sega Genesis does it!

So why did someone above say that we had to be Ghana by a certain amount of goals? Is it some sort of tiebreaker?

JayKeeley said:
It's going to be one of those games where the USA need to take the lead and just DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND until the 90 minutes are over.

That may be a bad idea since they need goals (many) to climb abreast of Italy in terms of goal average, should Czech Republic beat those bastards.

France will be facing a tricky situation tonight against South Korea, and whatever the outcome, the flood of critics shouldn't stop, since victory is an absolute must and anything else would be the epitome of shame. People want GOALS, BRAVADO and YOUR BLOOD ON THE FIELD YOU WOR :kickass: THLESS BALLPUSHERS§§§§!!!§§1ée²o=)

Dick Sirloin said:
So why did someone above say that we had to be Ghana by a certain amount of goals? Is it some sort of tiebreaker?

I'm going with the assumption that Italy beating Czech Rep is a mere formality.

So Italy win and get their 7 points.

US beat Ghana and get 4 points.

Both Czech Rep and Ghana go out with 3 points.

Yeah they did very well. I have great difficulty to rate the match between Ghana and Czech Republic in comparison... because regardless of how the Czech played, Ghana had about 20 opportunities of scoring and wasn't impatient like most African teams (but lacked 'realism' by not scoring early enough) so I say they are only a supposed underdog . Too bad Ivory Coast is already out..

its half time Australia vs Brazil 0-0
We are taking it to them they're not walking over us we have found space many times and have caught them asleep. We've both had about the same amount of chances. We could easily hold them to a draw the way we're going or even an upset *touchwood*

Soccerwho's huh? stick it Brazil!

Brazil is very very secure I think. Not that I find them to be confident but it seem to work so far. Ronaldinho never goes 1v3 let alone 1v1 while he surely can. They seem to be quite common, not that solid but never take a goal. Trademark of great and experienced champions or pure luck? See from the 1/8 finals.

batmura said:
What record you talking about?? Turkey scored a first at the 11th SECOND in 2002 against Korea.

Oh yeah, I must have been thinking of latest goal... :loco:

France vs South Korea was good -- I thought it was evenly matched. That said, France were robbed of a perfectly good goal.

This could have been Zidane's last intl game ever.