How England will win the World Cup this year...

Good article in the NY Times today (covering the top 10 moments of the world cup thus far). At #1:

"A Time to Make Friends"
...some blarghu about Iran being a part of the tournament...and then: "so we are reminded that the world cup is not about politics or ugly nationalism; it is about joy and fun and communion. As the tournament slogan says, this is a time to make friends".

America, support your troops? How about your sports teams too.

I think it's safe to say, England MUST beat Sweden to avoid this German team. They're looking sharp.

EDIT: And Ecuador have decided that they don't need to play since they've already qualified. Playing like shite.

Sweden MUST tie at least so they should be on all guns blazing...England want to avoid Germany....this is going to be a good match....

COME ON ENGLAND!

I thought we played well in the first half, but were really, really poor in the second. Numerous players did nothing.

Bad news about Owen, looks like we're stuck with Crouch. Good to see Rooney, but he's obviously lacking match practice. Still not convincing, but we won the group so I guess you can't ask for any better than that :rolleyes:

What a day! :loco:

And yes, I agree upon the Brazil theory, that they*re just holding back, probably not to waste their skills on "unworthy" teams ;)

Well, England rules the first half, and Sweden took over the second, so perhaps a draw was just.

That said, with Owen getting injured within the first minute threw us off a little. I think it changed the entire game plan.

What's interesting is that Eriksson didn't want to play the 3 players with yellow cards, and they all ended up playing.

Gerrard (who should never have played today) came on for Rooney, INSTEAD of Theo Walcott, which again just proves that Walcott is a waste of space when we could have had Defoe. Still, good thing Gerrard scored.

After seeing Germany today, I'm glad we've got Ecuador.