How England will win the World Cup this year...

I'm sorry I didn't see that game, at least I'd know what you guys are talking about.

JayKeeley said:
I just think it's a disgrace that the referee could give a penalty (when it clearly wasn't a penalty) knowing perfectly well that it would end the game there and then.

And now the best part: suppose the same action had been on the opposite side, i.e. an Italian defender "fouling" an Aussie in the same manner at the 94th min... what would have happened then? I'm willing to bet my last bits of non-gayness that the odds in favour of a penalty would have been close to 0.000001.

Incidentally, that's what bothers me the most about the already atrocious performance of this WC's referees. Take the penalty for Spain against Tunisia for instance, where Yahia grabs his opponent by the throat. Perfectly justified BUT it is so intolerably plain that the exact same foul by a Spaniard againt a Tunisian (or any Third World team for that matter) would NEVER have been whistled.

^ I'm not sure what point you're making Ellestin, but I'm digging the rampage!

This WC started ok but it seems like towards the end of round one, the referees all started eating British beef.

lizard said:
all sports give the stars the benefit of the doubt. look at the fucking NBA.
NBA isnt a sport. its like wrestling but minus the fun characters

1-1 Hell yeah :kickass:

Spain is the team I hate most out of all teams qualified (tied with Switzerland) so we gotta beat 'em. That and the arrogant spanish newspapers while France's just 'believe' in the team :saint:

ribery_shout.jpg

Fire bad!!!.....errr.. GOALLLL!!!

I wish I could see this game...

Thierry Henry is pure class. Definitely my fave player in the world (even though he's not having a great world cup so far).