How England will win the World Cup this year...

OK so Chelsea won the Premiership today.

Rooney managed to get stretchered off and left the ground on crutches.

Owen complained about "not being 100%" after 30 minutes at Newcastle.

If Owen and Rooney are out of the world cup, ignore this thread.

My money's on Italy. :cry:

Haha, I just posted about this in another thread. Monday can't come soon enough for Rooney.
And I don't think Italy will come close to winning. I hope not anyway.

Well, thankfully, we have an outstanding midfield. It's not like Gerrard, Lampard, Cole, and Beckham can't score. And John Terry plays a pivotal role there too.

It's the strikers that England suck at. We put too much emphasis on Rooney. I honestly don't care much about Owen because he's been injured and playing crap for a while. But I am concerned about having to rely on Crouch, Defoe, or Darren Bent as our only remaining options. :erk:

Yep, that would be tough going. Forward is a weak spot the US too. We are strong on the left, which is something most countries struggle at. McBride is easily our best striker, and his form at Fulham has dipped over the last few months. He has a long history of performing when it really counts, and I hope it continues.
Brazil will win the cup. I'd rather that be the case, but I'm afraid they are the top contender.

Cracking FA Cup final today.

Steven Gerrard is unstoppable -- surely the greatest goal to be scored in an FA cup final. He and Lampard are going to rule Germany, even with an embryo playing up front!!!

Fantastic final indeed, although I'd hoped for a West Ham victory.

I do agree that England's midfield is top notch, one of the finest in the world. Too bad you don't have any decent strikers! I think Brazil will win the whole shebang again, but Italy, Holland, France, Spain, Portugal and possibly even England and Argentina are capable of doing well. I also have a feeling that Switzerland will be this World Cup's huge surprise - they've got a very young, but talented squad.

Edit: Mad LOL @ Ellestin's video. I've got a couple of football bloopers vids myself; "Own Goals And Gaffs 2" and "Football Hell". Great for a laugh now and then!

Yesterday , the goalkeeper of Le Mans shot in the back of a defender from Lyon while he was running back to his camp -> ball comes back above him -> goal. Another GK took his place after that unlucky goal. :lol:

Could easily be in the video.

France's 23 to World Cup have just been announced. No big surprises apart from Barthez being GK n°1 instead of Coupet :zombie:

Ribery was picked, he should do very well. There will be much talk about him..

And if, for once, Henry + Trezeguet could score as many goals as in their respective leagues that should be good :cool:

GARDIENS (3)
Fabien Barthez (Olympique de Marseille), Grégory Coupet (Olympique Lyonnais), Mickaël Landreau (Nantes Atlantique)

DEFENSEURS (8)
Eric Abidal (Olympique Lyonnais), Jean-Alain Boumsong (Newcastle United), Pascal Chimbonda (Wigan), William Gallas (Chelsea), Gaël Givet (AS Monaco), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Mikaël Silvestre (Manchester United), Lilian Thuram (Juventus Turin)

MILIEUX (6)
Vikash Dhorasoo (Paris-Saint-Germain), Alou Diarra (RC Lens), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Florent Malouda (Olympique Lyonnais), Patrick Vieira (Juventus Turin), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid)

ATTAQUANTS (6)
Djibril Cissé (Liverpool), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Franck Ribéry (Olympique de Marseille), Louis Saha (Manchester United), David Trezeguet (Juventus Turin), Sylvain Wiltord (Olympique Lyonnais)

That's ok. Dhorasoo is a mistake though, let's hope he won't get too much playing time... Micoud would have been a natural choice to strengthen the midfield backbone but he's been left out for so long the coach probably was afraid to lose some credibility if he were resorting to him at the last second.

Yeah, I found it a bit strange that Micoud wasn't included, he's been great for Werder Bremen.

Is Patrice Evra injured, or is he simply not good enough, by the way?

Henrik Main said:
I do agree that England's midfield is top notch, one of the finest in the world. Too bad you don't have any decent strikers!

Owen and Rooney. But of course, they're injured.

So then you have the next leading contenders:

Defoe
Crouch
Bent
Harewood
and if you're really stretching, you've got Robbie Fowler

So what does Sven Erikkson do? He takes Theo Walcott, a 17 year old who's never played in the premiership. Get Sven out of the UK now.

Dev said:
And if, for once, Henry + Trezeguet could score as many goals as in their respective leagues that should be good :cool:

Thierry Henry is the greatest player on the planet. And I say this not only because of his football skills, but because of his personality / integrity as a player. He's just a fucken decent chap.

By the way, did you hear Zidane and Ronaldo are moving to the US to play out the rest of their career? I think they're coming to the NY Bulls.

And then, apparently, Beckham is moving to LA Galaxy in 2009.

JayKeeley said:
Thierry Henry is the greatest player on the planet. And I say this not only because of his football skills, but because of his personality / integrity as a player. He's just a fucken decent chap.

yeah but I hear he doesn't like Moonsorrow too much. What say you then, eh?

JayKeeley said:
By the way, did you hear Zidane and Ronaldo are moving to the US to play out the rest of their career? I think they're coming to the NY Bulls.

where did you read this bullshit?

Ellestin said:
yeah but I hear he doesn't like Moonsorrow too much. What say you then, eh?

I'll learn to deal with it.

where did you read this bullshit?

World Soccer Daily Podcast -- daily news updates (mostly focusing on the Premiership).

It was also rumoured that David Beckham will join the LA Galaxy in 2009, but that's no surprise whatsoever.