How England will win the World Cup this year...

OK I've got my yahoo id. Bloody hell, how can there be another jaykeeley out there?! :guh:

Anyway, so now do I just sign up in groups? I'm not seeing where to enter our group ID "1749".... *feeling dumb*

Here's my starting 11:

clipboard019vt.jpg

Substitutes:

GK-VAN DER SAR Edwin (NED)
GK-ISAKSSON Andreas (SWE)
D-ROZEHNAL David (CZE)
D-CRIS (BRA)
D-COLE Ashley (ENG)
M-JOAQUIN (ESP)
M-BOROWSKI Tim (GER)
M-VAN DER VAART Rafael (NED)
F-ADRIANO (BRA)
F-HELDER POSTIGA (POR)
F-BAROS Milan (CZE)
F-PRSO Dado (CRO)

JayKeeley said:
Wait, will I see this AFTER signing up in the register/createteam section?

Yea, you first signed up for the yahoo account, now you must sign up for the league. Then you should be able to see the group section. As for the public groups it doesnt matter, i picked fans of the u.s

Ellestin said:
Could you please be so kind as to summarize this in Ellestinese (i.e. dummy)?

I believe you have to pick your squad and starting lineup before June 9th. After that, you may change tactics and substitute players as you please (but not when your players are playing in a real game), I think. If one of your players picks up an injury, you may call up a new player to your squad to replace him when the transfer windows open.

Why did you pick Materazzi, btw? He's a good player, sure, but I don't think he'll make Italy's starting 11.

@JayKeeley: Points etc. will be updated automatically, all we have to do is manage our teams.

Pic of my starting 11:

worldcupdreamteam.jpg

My biggest challenge in picking a team is that my knowledge is spotty when it comes to who the first choice players are for some teams. I'm afraid I may "start" a few guys that'll be on the bench. The only thing I don't like about this game is that there are no player values/costs and caps, so you can load up on superstars. Wonder how many teams will be without Ronaldhino and Henry? exactly

Yeah, I have no where to upload it to. :(

OK I'll just write out my team for you.

Team Name: REAL SUFFERN FC

Goalkeeper: Jens Lehmann (Germany)

Defenders: Carlos (Brazil), Terry (England + CAPTAIN), Ayala (Argentina), Dudka (Poland)

Midfield: Lampard (England), Gerrard (England), Ronaldinho (Brazil)

Forwards: Henry (France), Crespo (Argentina), Nistelrooij (Holland)

I'm playing 4-3-3

My subs:

Cech
van der Sar
Eboue
Mellberg
Mares
Vieira
Zidane
Ballack
van Persie
Toni
Ronaldo
Ibrahimovic

Well, I wanted to vary it up a bit. The whole dream team thing was....too obvious.

Sure, he's not Ashley Cole, but he's good. And Poland will win their group by the way.

JayKeeley said:
And Poland will win their group by the way.

Germany's team is better, imo. I think they'll win the group if players such as Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Borowski, Ballack, Lehmann, Friedrich, Mertesacker and Podolski are on form.

I'm only going on gut feeling. I think Germany will perform poorly in front of their home crowds for some reason. I think the pressure will get to them.

Countries like Poland, Czech Republic, Holland, and Paraguay will go in with nothing to lose and just attack attack attack!

I also actually think that Sweden will be knocked out in the first round. It'll be England and Paraguay to go through.