how many of you classify yourselves as hypocrites?

if i remember, the thing that led to Zane's death was that he was lying a certain way and threw up ... and the vomit went back into his mouth ... something like that. yes alcohol contributed to his death but the thing that actually killed him was just a tragic but totally random circumstance.

haha look at everyone trying to cover their asses, holy shit

First of all I was the one who bumped the drunk thread, maybe that was slightly distasteful considering Zane died recently but I obviously wasnt thinking about that at the time.

Secondly, again, I really did like Zane and I feel terrible for his kid. But even if all my best friends died from drinking, I'm not going to pigeon hole myself out of one of the best things in life for it. Stop being bitter your girlfriend left you.

What an idiotic fucking excuse for a thread. A kid died at a theme park, does that mean we should all stop riding roller coasters? If anything, the tragedy of Zane's death should encourage us to be open about our alcohol consumption and make sure that nobody is drinking alone - even if the only company they have is people in a chatroom or on a live thread.

are you fucking joking? ive met you dude - at that nevermore show in seattle - and youre definitely a cool dude -

BUT

Promoting alcohol consumption by contributing to an "official drunk" thread and then one the same fucking day giving condolences to someone who died from alcohol and saying how scary drinking can be is hypocritical. textbook.

"zanex died from alcohol. that is horrible. now im gonna go show my respects by getting drunk." fuck off with that shit.

and encouraging people to drink while talking to people on an internet forum (especially this creepy fucking place) might be the worst idea youve had in your life. 90% of what goes on here is encouragement and nothing else.

First of all I was the one who bumped the drunk thread, maybe that was slightly distasteful considering Zane died recently but I obviously wasnt thinking about that at the time.

Secondly, again, I really did like Zane and I feel terrible for his kid. But even if all my best friends died from drinking, I'm not going to pigeon hole myself out of one of the best things in life for it. Stop being bitter your girlfriend left you.

haha ok look dude my girlfriend didnt leave me that thread was me being facetious.

and this isnt about casual drinking at all im talking about the fucking retard kids here who cant handle their alcohol, have no idea about their tolerence levels and just binge drink till they passout every weekend and then running to the zanex thread and saying how awful it is and how scary drinking can be.

use your heads bitchessssssss

np - nothing im at work

and this isnt about casual drinking at all im talking about the fucking retard kids here who cant handle their alcohol, have no idea about their tolerence levels and just binge drink till they passout every weekend and then running to the zanex thread and saying how awful it is and how scary drinking can be.
We have people like that here?

Promoting alcohol consumption by contributing to an "official drunk" thread and then one the same fucking day giving condolences to someone who died from alcohol and saying how scary drinking can be is hypocritical. textbook.

That is still not hypocrisy. Hypocrisy would be to cry out against drinking, saying it's evil and shouldn't be done, and then drink heavily. You, know the whole "Do as I say, not as I do" kind of thing. Giving condolences and saying that alcohol can be dangerous or scary is NOT the same as saying it shouldn't be consumed at all.

I never met Zane, but I would guess that he wouldn't give one shit about people still having fun drinking, even on the same day as they posted their condolences.

...to stay on topic... just because Zanex dies of alcoholism, doesn't mean you can't consume alcohol responibly...
I've been doing so for the past 15 years...

RIP Zanex.
He had a mullet, and had funny posts with funny English, but fuck, I've known this guy
on this board for so many years... it's horrible the way he died, and I will always remember that
and him.