how many of you classify yourselves as hypocrites?

Yes, you must. Be forewarned; turning away food/drink is a serious no-no here. I know you adhere to a strict diet, but you may want to leave that at home if you ever come to Friuli, hehe. The typical Italian dishes are wonderful as well, but the Friulano kitchen is one of the heaviest and most fattening, which makes it so awesome. Veneto as well. Here's an example:

Every Tuesday I have to teach all day at a company near Treviso. The lunches are free at the restaurant we go to because the company pays for everyone. This is what I had for LUNCH today:

First dish: Tagliatelle with deer ragu
Second dish: Roast veal with onion gravy, side dish of spinach cooked in butter and a touch of olive oil
Dessert: Huge chunk of pineapple freshly cut
Espresso

That's LUNCH. Imagine how we eat when we go out to dinner. Of course, I don't eat like that every day, but once a week I take advantage of it, :loco:.

Chris:
1) I've been to Italy for at least 20 times (so says my passport) and most of my friends there are locals: I know what its like to have a proper Italian meal :lol: ......and hell no, I never refuse! I enjoy every minute!
2) I am *NOT* on a strict diet at all... I just like to eat healthy....
now, that doesn't mean I do not eat fat foods once in a while... come on...
strict diets are not for me.
I love food, and I love to eat good food.
Maybe you are mistaken me being PICKY and a complete snob
to be on a strict diet
dude, I love food: PERIOD :lol:
(it has to be excellent though, or else I'm not touching it :Smug: )

That's a plus for sure.

A negative for me is that I rarely clicked on or read Zanex's threads :( HoweverI do remember making a "Neverheadz thoughts on Zanex's posting habits" (or something similar) thread as a parody. Fortunately he understood it was all in good fun.

I was never close to Zanex... he was not like Lizard...
Lizard and I were close, Zanex was just 'a guy from the board'
However: I admit... I never clicked on all of his posts as well...
Still: I'e been here for almost 6 years... I felt like really knowing him, you know
what I mean?!

:(

avoiding the drama is always good, yes.

Usually whenever I make a thread, it's a completely useless one and I only wanted to draw the attention of the trolls.

Anything I have to say usually goes into an already created thread.

I rarely look into threads from a troll, or with a title that doesn't have some sort of interesting concept or idea.

Chris:
1) I've been to Italy for at least 20 times (so says my passport) and most of my friends there are locals: I know what its like to have a proper Italian meal :lol: ......and hell no, I never refuse! I enjoy every minute!
2) I am *NOT* on a strict diet at all... I just like to eat healthy....
now, that doesn't mean I do not eat fat foods once in a while... come on...
strict diets are not for me.
I love food, and I love to eat good food.
Maybe you are mistaken me being PICKY and a complete snob
to be on a strict diet
dude, I love food: PERIOD :lol:
(it has to be excellent though, or else I'm not touching it :Smug: )

Sweet. The musetto, polenta, frico, wine, and grappa will be waiting for you! One of my in-laws here makes an excellent homemade limoncello as well as blueberry, strawberry, and apple grappe. And of course, wine is never a problem...although the beer has something left to be desired...

There's a restaurant next to my house that serves the best gnocchi you will ever eat...with IVY. POISON IVY. It's called ortica and they pick it before it becomes full-on poison ivy...they then boil it and serve it over perfectly prepared gnocchi with butter, olive oil, and fresh parmeggiano. It sounds strange, but it's literally the best gnocchi I've ever eaten.

I recommend coming in August-September time-frame. There's a HUUUUUUGE food festival in Udine called Friuli Doc. Every single comune from the region serves it's traditional food all throughout the city. Even Austrians set up there and serve their food. Every year I get the same thing: gnocchi with goose, frico, and wine, wine, wine, wine, wine. For dessert, if we're still alive, we drink the Ramandolo wine, dipping sweetened cake into it.

If you survive Friuli Doc, you can survive anything that has to do with food. Southern Italian food is like rice cakes compared to us!!!! :kickass:

Sweet. The musetto, polenta, frico, wine, and grappa will be waiting for you! One of my in-laws here makes an excellent homemade limoncello as well as blueberry, strawberry, and apple grappe. And of course, wine is never a problem...although the beer has something left to be desired...

There's a restaurant next to my house that serves the best gnocchi you will ever eat...with IVY. POISON IVY. It's called ortica and they pick it before it becomes full-on poison ivy...they then boil it and serve it over perfectly prepared gnocchi with butter and olive oil. It sounds strange, but it's literally the best gnocchi I've ever eaten.

I recommend coming in August-September time-frame. There's a HUUUUUUGE food festival in Udine called Friuli Doc. Every single comune from the region serves it's traditional food all throughout the city. Even Austrians set up there and serve their food. Every year I get the same thing: gnocchi with goose, frico, and wine, wine, wine, wine, wine. For dessert, if we're still alive, we drink the Ramandolo wine, dipping sweetened cake into it.

If you survive Friuli Doc, you can survive anything that has to do with food. Southern Italian food is like rice cakes compared to us!!!! :kickass:

POISON IVY?! Really?
That sounds so interesting, I gotta try that!!!

I thought they were joking when they told me. My in-laws are a bunch of practical jokers, and I thought it was the old, "let's-embarrass-the-clueless-American" trick. Ever seen "My Big, Fat Greek Wedding"? The two brothers always embarrassing the poor guy who doesn't have a clue about their culture? Imagine her entire family like that.

Anyway, then I found out why people drive all the way from VENICE, nearly 2 hours away, to eat at this tiny little restaurant in my village of about 150 people. It's heavenly.