How to Appreciate Death Metal

I don't think the list of bands is very good at all. I consider myself a big deal death metal fan. I do do think that is going to do any good or help people appreciate or understand death metal.

I don't think I can be considered mean or cynical for calling a shit article shit. ;)

lol^^^
Ive always loved death emtal as well, and i never had to get used to it. that isnt my character. I listen to what intrests me , i dont listen to a band or genre because some "sweet" people do etc...Death metal is, so to say it a way ov life i guess. Fuck wikihow and there stupid fucking articles.

I am a power metal fan, as well as a melodic death fan and Children of Bodom IMO is not power metal.

I rekon a combination of trash and melodic death if you ask me. Children of Bodom black metal, fuck no, very far from it. Its too thrashy for black metal.

Oh, and I like your article, and I like your attempt. Ignore the negative fuck heads. :)

Amen. I wonder what Necarutal's deal is he used to be so nice so I guess something happened to him recently that caused him to be really mad and is therefore taking it out on us.

first you make this post, adn then you start a whole thread on angry metalheads. Wtf . If you dont like it, you dont have to pay attention. Maybe Necrautal is just annoyed with all the idiots on this site,etc. now you on the other hand piss me off.
And even if somethign happenned,its not your business.

btw, anyone who actually pays attention to what theartcile says, and then tries to get into DM is a fucking tool. Fuck wikihow.And even if somethign happenned,its not your business.

It's not a good article by any means, especially because of the awful band listings, but I think it would be a good thing to show a non death metal fan.

Amen. I wonder what Necarutal's deal is he used to be so nice so I guess something happened to him recently that caused him to be really mad and is therefore taking it out on us.

first you make this post, adn then you start a whole thread on angry metalheads. Wtf . If you dont like it, you dont have to pay attention. Maybe Necrautal is just annoyed with all the idiots on this site,etc. now you on the other hand piss me off.
And even if somethign happenned,its not your business.

btw, anyone who actually pays attention to what theartcile says, and then tries to get into DM is a fucking tool. Fuck wikihow.

Excellent Article!

Except I would have also said to consider how difficult it is to scream correctly. And how much skill that takes.

And I would have also added Origin on the Technical Death Metal list.

Other than that, excellent!

I am a power metal fan, as well as a melodic death fan and Children of Bodom IMO is not power metal.

Do you care to elaborate upon this, namely the ways in which Children Of Bodom's style is incompatible with the idea of Power/Speed/Thrash, preferably without citing differences in vocal technique and lyrical content?

Bands like CoF,In Flames,Arch Enemy sound more like power metal than anything.

Please don't start discussing particular bands here.

The article is rather complacently written and reeks of dispassionate writing, but it's kind of decent for a "crash course" on why people who only like mainstream music should enjoy metal...I guess...

I, too, was waiting to read something that accurately describes WHAT about DM compositional techniques and playing style makes it worthy of another listen from a modern radio listener...then I realized it's futile because that involves using theory terms and lots of musical jargon, which the average joe just won't care about enough to read...