How to Appreciate Death Metal

I wouldn't say all. This would be my ranking of influences :

1. Classical
2. Blues
3. Jazz
4. Punk
5. Other

Maybe you listen to more grind type stuff than I do.

youre clueless, nwobhm, thrash, black and death metal all wouldnt exist without punk

youre clueless, nwobhm, thrash, black and death metal all wouldnt exist without punk

Eh, no it would indeed exist without it, and still does. Though I know of no metal bands uses blues bases, if so they'd turn out much like Led Zepplin and that other annoying blues wankery.

Eh, no it would indeed exist without it, and still does. Though I know of no metal bands uses blues bases, if so they'd turn out much like Led Zepplin and that other annoying blues wankery.

nwobhm was influenced by the speed of '77 punk

thrash was influenced heavily by the ambient melodicism and aggressive attitude of hardcore punk, the bands themselves admit this

black and death metal are both derived from thrash, and the hardcore punk influence is HUGELY evident in some bands from both genres (darkthrone, master)

if you disagree with this you are a fucking retard

I believe I covered that in the blues based rock area, right with Led Zepplin. We could create a list of metal bands with classical and jazz mixed in, blues is simply not found in metal as Mr.Tipton put it.

I believe I covered that in the blues based rock area, right with Led Zepplin. We could create a list of metal bands with classical and jazz mixed in, blues is simply not found in metal as Mr.Tipton put it.

are you saying black sabbath isn't metal?

You seriously are misguided, my friend. If you deny the tremendous influence Blues and Punk has had in the development of Metal (probably more so than any other forms of music), then you really just don't know what you're talking about and possibly should be pointed and laughed at.

nwobhm was influenced by the speed of '77 punk

thrash was influenced heavily by the ambient melodicism and aggressive attitude of hardcore punk, the bands themselves admit this

black and death metal are both derived from thrash, and the hardcore punk influence is HUGELY evident in some bands from both genres (darkthrone, master)

if you disagree with this you are a fucking retard

You mean if I disagree with YOU.

Yes, I disagree because you're simply wrong. A the British metal bands had started long before the punk, which wasn't speedy in the least. lol Jazz fusdion is actually 1 place the speed came from the other is the double picking needed to create a keyboard, or piano sound for classical, adn mordern playing. Do your homework.

Yes, I disagree because you're simply wrong. A the British metal bands had started long before the punk, which wasn't speedy in the least. lol Jazz fusdion is actually 1 place the speed came from the other is the double picking needed to create a keyboard, or piano sound for classical, adn mordern playing. Do your homework.

hoooly shit you are a fucking idiot

edit: care to address the fact that hardcore punk was a huge influence on all metal to come after it?

What the bloody fuck are you talking about man? Can you name one NWOBHM band that's sourced Jazz Fusion as an influence? Good God, what the fuck is going on in your head? Who's fed you this bullshit, your music teacher?

What the bloody fuck are you talking about man? Can you name one NWOBHM band that's sourced Jazz Fusion as an influence? Good God, what the fuck is going on in your head? Who's fed you this bullshit, your music teacher?

Cough cough, I am the teacher. Now put up or shut up.

You're spewing bullshit, it's indefensible and there's clearly nothing that can be said.

Stop talking, you're an idiot. You're telling me fucking Hole In The Sky isn't Metal?

Stop talking, you're an idiot. You're telling me fucking Hole In The Sky isn't Metal?

Awww, it's metal cause it has distortion. lol Seriously, give it a rest, I don't care how many damn times you repeat yourself, your statements won't become truth.

"there's clearly nothing that can be said" Say nothing.