How to get a band together!

well the whole situation about having a band going is just atrocious if you don't get lucky. either it's social problems, getting nowhere musically, wanting different directions. otherwise it's the rehearsals and jobs colliding or whatever.

i've finally found a band i'm pretty hopeful to get somewhere with. we're playing death metal (me on vocs) and they play pretty damn good while also being nice guys and having a well located rehearsal space.

Any mp3s ?

Nah, I get what you're saying. Everybody wants to reap the rewards for their hard work, and it isn't fair that a chick with her boobs popping out of a corset gets that over the rest of the band.

I'm for equality, damn it. But I'm also for being looked at as more than "Oh, wow, you're a girl... You really like metal? For real?! Wow."

Yeah it sucks that female metalheads get such shit. I see it all the time here, but there is more whore bitches than real metalheads here which is sad. I know it doesn't sound so manly of me, but I'd rather the whores just not come at all, if you wanna be a damn groupie slut go to the side or something, no need for you to ruin shows with your wretched stench and knowledge of one album title and/or song.

Metal Brothers and Metal Sisters should reunite in true fasion. Headbanging in unison and throwing the horns up at appropriate times...always.

That was cheezy.:cool:

Yeah it sucks that female metalheads get such shit. I see it all the time here, but there is more whore bitches than real metalheads here which is sad. I know it doesn't sound so manly of me, but I'd rather the whores just not come at all, if you wanna be a damn groupie slut go to the side or something, no need for you to ruin shows with your wretched stench and knowledge of one album title and/or song.

Metal Brothers and Metal Sisters should reunite in true fasion. Headbanging in unison and throwing the horns up at appropriate times...always.

That was cheezy.:cool:

Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about. The whores give true metalchicks a bad name. The tight vinyl corset tight jeans stiletto vinyl boots, etc, heavy make up, doesn't know shit about the music... It sucks.

Bleh. I'm in the pit like anybody else. It took my neck a week to recover from the Amon Amarth show I went to.

I wish the women that came to shows were like the women on this bored -- with an actual interest in music (i.e. an interest in more than the men that are performing on stage).

@The Greys: we've got a recent recording on youtube from a rehearsal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HCkTCkgdkQ pretty shitty quality though but you'll hear what it sounds like. and I gotta say i'm not responsible for the song title :p

@s a o: yeah, in that way the metal movement sucks mucho. it's generally very shallow and many people (male or female) don't have a real rooted music interest. instead it's dumbass stuff like alternative fashion or idiot make-up that people are out for.

stefan86 your vocals are quite nice. I could post something from my band as soon as we get the 16-track recorder (and if someone was interested, hah :p).

Have to admit that the song names are quite bad, no offense :D Guess the lyrics don't have a deeper meaning or philosophical stuff eh?

Divatkreació;5851957 said:
stefan86 your vocals are quite nice. I could post something from my band as soon as we get the 16-track recorder (and if someone was interested, hah :p).

Have to admit that the song names are quite bad, no offense :D Guess the lyrics don't have a deeper meaning or philosophical stuff eh?

Well thank you sir. What kinda music are you playing? The thing is that they have all lyrics and song titles done already, so I'm basically stuck with them. After we write the first demo I'm gonna do the lyricism my way

Well... I guess blackened death metal could be the genre, though the black metal influences can only be heard in a few songs' guitar leads. It's quite technical but thankfully I took over the vocals sometime ago and we found a new bass player to replace me :p
I'm also responsible for naming the band yet I've been thinking of a proper name for months now and all the names I've suggested so far have been rejected.

Heh. Band members are a bitch. I hope ya can solve it. Rehearsed with the guys for the 4th time today and seems we're gonna go ahead with a demo in a matter of a month or two when I can rock out the songs fully

Divatkreació;5847721 said:
I pay 18 euros for a month.

holy crap

the rehearsal place I played many times is 18 euro's for 4 hours...

Well, getting a band together is a long process...
It's always useful if it's a band from a musicschool or just a school or some other place where you meet people, because mainly you're being asked to join an already existing band:p
Other then that I think you should just try to figure out what yóu want yourself, and if you have musicians as friends they might join you.

Well, try to build some sort of network of musicians by playing with as many bands as possible so you'll always have a bassplayer or singer or anything in mind with whom you could start a band/project...

I'm not really worrying about it myself, cause I like to keep most of the stuff I write for myself (call it a solo project if you will). But when I would have the time to start a(nother) band I already know a good bunch of people.

Still I think you should try to find a sort of "soulmate" who has the same taste and feelings for music and then start working on writing stuff just with the two of you. You can always find people who want to join you (if you know enough people) later on...

Ah well

To be really honest though, those song names suck. You have a great voice and everything else sounds great. Haha ditch the names on the rise to greatness.

Satan laughing is awesome...and so are jhva elohim meth's...

Come to think of it...funny question...

Do you think Euronymous enjoyed Dance Of December Soul's? Not saying it needed his approval...just something I think about it...would be cool considering DODS kills the whole Mayhem discog :p

hail seth and blakk

I'm not responsible for lyrics and song titles and I pretty much agree :) They're good guys and me likes the music though. Hopefully we'll get a demo out fast and I can start doing some writing ;)

Regardless you not being responsible for lyrics and song titles you need to step in unless you want too appear with bands like Devourment!.

Gore in death metal is cool when done right.