How was your day?

I'm surprised Tardy hasn't shredded his vocal chords at this point. I like the style he shares with Van Druren just because it's a standout compared to most other death metal mic holders

Reactions: CiG
Shame his voice is going. That was the weakest part of the newest album other than the drum sound.

He sounded killer live though. It was like 1992 all over again.

CHOPPED IN HAAAAAAUUUUUAAAGGGGHHHHH

That's a shame, but you can't sound great forever I guess. Also funnily enough, Obituary's drum sound has been the biggest barrier for me with the band. I started to hear it on Cause Of Death, then it sounded great again on World Demise, then they lost me again. (I know I'm a picky bastard.)

Actually I saw them live about 8 years ago and they blew me away live.

That's a shame, but you can't sound great forever I guess. Also funnily enough, Obituary's drum sound has been the biggest barrier for me with the band. I started to hear it on Cause Of Death, then it sounded great again on World Demise, then they lost me again. (I know I'm a picky bastard.)

Actually I saw them live about 8 years ago and they blew me away live.

Saw them with Carcass last year. His vox were killer. I like World Demise more than most people do. That album is angry and awesome.

Last night was so hot that I had a pedestal fan in my room, the air-conditioning on overnight and another pedestal fan in the hallway to circulate the cool air better throughout the house.

I love Christmas, but fuck an Australian Christmas with a 3 foot cock.

Yesterday was shit like every other day on this pathetic ship, although today should be good I've only got to do two more watches on here then I'm going home tomorrow. It's gotten to the stage where there is a clear division between us deck crew. Some of us can't even bare to look at each other anymore lol.

Yesterday was shit like every other day on this pathetic ship, although today should be good I've only got to do two more watches on here then I'm going home tomorrow. It's gotten to the stage where there is a clear division between us deck crew. Some of us can't even bare to look at each other anymore lol.

That's amazing. Your story about what you do in the other thread was really fascinating too. Is it just that you're in a confined space and differences in personality are emphasised? Are you in the navy or is it more the shipping business?

My actual job title is "Integrated Rating" an Australian marine qualification which is basically a glorified deckhand onboard large "Bluewater" vessels(cargo ships,bulkies,roll-on-roll-off passenger liners and car carriers etc.) and the smaller offshore vessels(anchor handlers,supplies vessels etc.).

This position was born from de-manning over the years, from the days when there were sometimes 50 men on a ship to now when it's a skeleton crew. We are the lowest rank on a ship and do everything from steer a vessel under pilotage into port and through channels, to maintenance, mooring ops(tying up and letting go of mooring lines), watch keeping and some engine room duties.
There are a number of reasons things can go pear shaped and although the ship is large after being together for five weeks the ship gets smaller and smaller. I think it's probably similar in that regard to being in prison, but obviously no where near as bad.

Personalities are definitely a factor( this is a large passenger vessel, it is being used as a "floatel" here at Barrow Island as a place for roughly 1500 contractors to stay during the last 14 months or so of the construction Chevron's liquid natural gas plant here) but the rate of pay is really the root cause, we get paid very well. Also the resource boom in mining here is almost over, well it pretty well is and it's getting harder all the time to get these jobs which causes it to be so competitive. I can't believe how shocking some of these grown men are, shameless suckholes and they put a lot of thought into politics, stuff like if they get in so and so's ear and tell them that so and so did this or said that that it will create whatever relationship they believe will ultimately be to their benefit. I've never been in this kind've work environment before, that is so cutthroat and ruthless and I find it shocking, so shocking that at times I'm speechless and pissed off that I want to belt someone.

Holy shit every store imaginable was so busy. I'm dead. But I have vodka laced eggnog in my hand and turkey burger in my mouth. Worth it.

Reactions: Omni
My actual job title is "Integrated Rating" an Australian marine qualification which is basically a glorified deckhand onboard large "Bluewater" vessels(cargo ships,bulkies,roll-on-roll-off passenger liners and car carriers etc.) and the smaller offshore vessels(anchor handlers,supplies vessels etc.).

I've always harboured (sorry...) an ambition to head off on a massive ship to somewhere far away, but I know that the reality of life onboard is far from my Treasure Island fantasies. Your story is really interesting to me, and I guess a little depressing from the circumstances you describe. I guess like a lot of jobs it would have been cooler back when they hired heaps of staff.