How was your day?

You don't rib him. You purposely instigate because it seems like every time you and TB have a spat, the only thing you can think of is to make fun of Gorguts. Get something more original, dipshit. If you stopped posting 200 times a day you may think of something more original.

Making fun of Gorguts is a terrible deed. Gorguts's first album, Considered Dead is one of the best death metal albums of all time.

Last edited:
Wow, i dont know what the big deal was on the last page regarding CIG. I said Riot sucks, he said Gorguts sucks. Its not like we were talking serious shit to each other or anything. If anyone should be accused of instigation there, it would clearly be omni. It has become the norm with her.

Reactions: CiG
92226-Tom-Cruise-hugs-Val-Kilmer-gif-58Ox.gif

lol

I'm a little surprised with your pick though, as their earlier work seems to more along the lines of most of the stuff you enjoy. Obscura is one of the hardest death metal albums to get into. Such a dense piece of work.

That's somewhat of a bug in my system, I know.
I think I like it because it IS so weird and dense, it's like they went from stoner-lite tech wizards to full on peyote dropping LSD maniacs. Plus I don't hate Gorguts anywhere near as much as I make out.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I have always been greatly disappointed listening to some acclaimed album and loving the instrumental portion and hating the vocalist. It's not an "extreme" vocals hating thing, as it's often not even related to extreme vocals. It's just the guy they picked has some unique issue I can't stand. Gorguts might be one of the few extreme vocals examples in fact. Vocals ruin Nevermore, Obituary, Megadeth, and Judas Priest for example. (As I have said in the Controversial thread on more than one occasion).

Yeah, Tardy and Lemay do share some vocal characteristics so i can see why Obituary is on that list too. But so does MvD, arent you a fan of his stuff?

Vocals are almost never make or break for me, but i have a few exceptions ... Halfords vox are the main reason i cant listen to most of JP's shit. Another vocalist i remember hating is the guy form pig destroyer. that guy was pure shit. Also the Arch from fates warning ... uuugh! completely ruins that band for me.

The majority isn't always right about everything. Don't get stupidly defensive every time that anyone posts.

Pre - Thundersteel Riot isn't always all that metal, so whether it's good or not, it's to be expected that many on here wont like that.

Pre - Thundersteel Riot isn't always all that metal, so whether it's good or not, it's to be expected that many on here wont like that.

There's a lot of plain hard rock elements on Thundersteel and even a stereotypical 1980s hair ballad complete with a fairly era-appropriate music video. The main difference is that they switched from a style similar to NWOBHM with rock elements to a speed metal style with rock elements.

Early Riot also has great Rainbow-esque tracks such as "Altar of the King" that would never be replicated by later versions of the band.

The end of page 11 and all of page 12 of this thread would have to be the funniest thing I've read in ages! I think there were five people tied up in a cross-fire argument that branched into two different fights. I don't mean to belittle anyone, cause people were clearly annoyed, but as a newcomer here having not seen the back-story, it was hilarious and awesome. There must have been a solar flare or something entering the atmosphere to affect so many different people to go off like that. Then, to cap it all off, that Iron Wizard kid posts a regular "here's what I'm doing" message and at that point I lost my shit.

Ah, good times.

I got drunk two days back and then I got drunk twice yesterday. Basically I got drunk once in the morning and then slept and then got drunk again in the evening so I managed to merge two days into one like that. Saw like all of my friends in somewhat christmasy manner already so now I'm just laying in bed with a hangover. Yesterday I bought some meat. Nice fucking slab of pork, some salami, some sausages and such. Masturbated a lot.

Reactions: The Butt
I have always been greatly disappointed listening to some acclaimed album and loving the instrumental portion and hating the vocalist. It's not an "extreme" vocals hating thing, as it's often not even related to extreme vocals. It's just the guy they picked has some unique issue I can't stand. Gorguts might be one of the few extreme vocals examples in fact. Vocals ruin Nevermore, Obituary, Megadeth, and Judas Priest for example. (As I have said in the Controversial thread on more than one occasion).

Yeah, Tardy and Lemay do share some vocal characteristics so i can see why Obituary is on that list too. But so does MvD, arent you a fan of his stuff?

Vocals are almost never make or break for me, but i have a few exceptions ... Halfords vox are the main reason i cant listen to most of JP's shit. Another vocalist i remember hating is the guy form pig destroyer. that guy was pure shit. Also the Arch from fates warning ... uuugh! completely ruins that band for me.

Tardy's vox are the one thing that draws me to Obituary other than the groove. One of my favorite vocalists.