How was your day?

When people ask me how my day is IRL, I automatically say it is good, even if it is going bad.

Same here. Occasionally depending on the person and if I'm having a really bad one I'll launch into a tirade about how fucked whatever the fuck is fucking my day is. It's always a mixture of satisfaction and guilt seeing them recoil uncomfortably.

I think this is an English/American thing. "How ya doin" is not an actual query, and "Doin Alright" is a default answer. My German teacher covered the difference in greeting styles.

"How ya doin" is different to "How's your day been" though. The latter generally requires mindless chitchat.

Also I love the way the British have condensed "Hello, how are you? Are you alright?" to just "Awright?"

Reactions: Dak
I'm probably too friendly/talkative with people I feel to be "genuine" people. I close off to anyone I don't need to engage with or feel are not genuine though. I also have some sort of default look or aura that warns people off unless I make the effort to smile (working in retail, I have to make sure I smile a lot). I literally created a 15 yard buffer at the beach just by sitting under my umbrella drinking coffee from my favorite/always travel mug and surveying the ocean/beach, and I get asked if I'm upset about something semi often. Probably just my german jib.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
As anyone who observes my posts probably figured, I'm not easy to approach and people have a hard time knowing me or knowing how I feel and whether I'm being serious.

Shitty- I missed part of an English project. I had tutoring after school. I have a math test tomorrow. Now, it's 12:30 am, I should be doing school work, but I'd rather sit here and listen to De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas- a masterpiece.

Listen to metal and do homework at the same time.

But it's late, and I want to sleep after I finish De Mysteriis...
I love to listen to metal and do homework. Well, not the homework part, but you know what I mean...
I'm non "From the Dark Past" right now. It's a great song. If only Dead sang on the album...

Today was about a 7.5/10. I thought one of my protein purifications got massively fucked up yesterday, but I still ended up with more than I thought I would. Didn't do much actual work but got a lot of lingering bullshit stuff out of the way. Left early feeling tired but also happy to head home. Totally fuckin relaxed right now.

But it's late, and I want to sleep after I finish De Mysteriis...
I love to listen to metal and do homework. Well, not the homework part, but you know what I mean...
I'm non "From the Dark Past" right now. It's a great song. If only Dead sang on the album...

I hate to say this to someone like you, but Attila Csihar is the best vocalist that Mayhem ever had by a substantial amount. No contest.

Also, I loved doing homework and did good in school. You disappoint me. I'm going to put you up for adoption, son.

Reactions: The Butt
I like doing homework, depending on the homework. I'm a straight A student, so there's that. I'm working on gradschool, so I obviously don't hate homework as a general thing.

My two biggest assets are being good at test taking, and mild OCDness.

I took my cat to the vet today, as he's been hacking and having breathing difficulties. They took x-rays, and, in the simplest terms, the prognosis was not good.

Decent one, I read Kafka's "The Judgement" tome but then I went out and ate some shit food and now I have fucking diarrhea bursting out of my anus. I hate being unexpectedly attacked by diarrhea.

I hate it when people respond "not good" or "bad" IRL.

I do that. Asking me how I'm doing makes me think about how I'm doing and that's uncomfortable to me. I don't have an automatic response learnt and I don't see the point of that either.

Whenever I enter a room with workmates or people I don't really feel comfortable around i.e. pretty much everyone other than my immediate family I always ask how they're doing as a sort've ice breaker without really even caring what their answer is. They do the same to me and I give an answer, sometimes it's 'good thanks' other times it's 'yeah alright'. But the whole time I just want these exchanges to be over, I really don't like having to deal with people in general and would rather be alone. The internet though, I feel comfortable and secure, for me it's hard work being around most people and I really don't enjoy it. I'm not sure if it's a disorder or what. I'm good at making people laugh though.

I hate to say this to someone like you, but Attila Csihar is the best vocalist that Mayhem ever had by a substantial amount. No contest.

Also, I loved doing homework and did good in school. You disappoint me. I'm going to put you up for adoption, son.

Attila sounds good because he sounds like an actual demon of some sort. It's hard to vision the vocals being done by a human, even though they are. Dead's voice was more "in your face" and terrifying. I prefer Dead slightly. I also like Maniac, but he isn't as good as the two I just mentioned. I find it really easy to sing like Attila. It's a lot of fun to sing Freezing Moon like that.

I really wonder what Life Eternal would sound like with Dead. I think Attila is very fitting on that one, even though Dead wrote the lyrics. He wrote them right before he killed himself, so I doubt he really had time to sing it. Life Eternal is a poem put to music. De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas has really grown on in the last few months. I bought it in mid August, and I liked Freezing Moon and Life Eternal. Now, I really like the whole thing. It is a masterpiece. What do you think of Wolf's Lair Abyss? I like it. It is a lot faster and rawer. Maniac is good as well, he does sound a bit like he is gagging, though. I'm sure this turns many people away from his vocals.

Nope man, Wolf's Lair Abyss and Grand Declaration of War are class. I love vocals on Symbols of Bloodswords. And by no means was Maniac a worse vocalist than Attila. His vocals on Deathcrush and other subsequent releases with him on mic are fucking inhuman.