How was your day?

I do that. Asking me how I'm doing makes me think about how I'm doing and that's uncomfortable to me. I don't have an automatic response learnt and I don't see the point of that either.

It depends on the context. Most of the time, it's not actually an interrogative. It's just a polite introductory thing to say that has the appearance of a question. Like, if I happen to be in a setting in which there's somebody I'm somewhat acquainted with near me and we're both stuck there for a few minutes--like waiting for class to start, or something. I say, "How're you?," to them as a polite thing to say and smile at them, and they respond, "Just fine, thanks." That's how its supposed to work. People oblivious to this will say "Oh, bad" and them I'm forced to pretend sympathy and ask why, and then listen to either a shallow, immature story--like boyfriend issues or quarrels with mommy--or something that's makes me feel a little disturbed that you're telling me because barely know you--was raped as a child and they're morbidly depressed about it, or something along those lines. It's different if I'm talking to a friend.

Reactions: Dak and The Ozzman
It depends on the context. Most of the time, it's not actually an interrogative. It's just a polite introductory thing to say that has the appearance of a question. Like, if I happen to be in a setting in which there's somebody I'm somewhat acquainted with near me and we're both stuck there for a few minutes--like waiting for class to start, or something. I say, "How're you?," to them as a polite thing to say and smile at them, and they respond, "Just fine, thanks." That's how its supposed to work. People oblivious to this will say "Oh, bad" and them I'm forced to pretend sympathy and ask why, and then listen to either a shallow, immature story--like boyfriend issues or quarrels with mommy--or something that's makes me feel a little disturbed that you're telling me because barely know you--was raped as a child and they're morbidly depressed about it, or something along those lines. It's different if I'm talking to a friend.

I never thought about it this way.

My wife was extremely flummoxed when she first came to Australia and the cashier at the supermarket asked her how her day was. They do not do this in Germany.

lol yeah, I've taken two semesters of German (buffs nails on coat) and was lucky enough to have my professors actually be German and they went into great detail on the differences in the cultures. Interesting stuff.

lol yeah, I've taken two semesters of German (buffs nails on coat) and was lucky enough to have my professors actually be German and they went into great detail on the differences in the cultures. Interesting stuff.

I took an adult learning class for German and the instructor was a Berlin native and she said that the culture there is very 'terse' in nature. Nice people but it's no nonsense dealing with them. Straight to the point.

I'll go back to Berlin in the next few years for a month or so if I can. You could spend weeks there just looking through the different museums easily. An incredibly safe and clean city as well.

To be honest I usually try to avoid social situations where people would end up initiating smalltalk with me.

Fuck smalltalk.

Reactions: 0Marty
My day is really all over the place. So, when I came in the office lady pulled me aside. Last night I left the school kind of late. One of the ladies who work in the office has a son. He's about 11 years old or so. Since I'd see him all the time I'd talk with him pretty often. Anyways, when leaving the building some druggie dude was trying to talk to me. Little Chris was in the car with his mom, wound down his windows, and told the guy to leave me alone and to pick up his pants. Lol

But then I found out my school is merging with one of the worst schools in the Bronx and my principal is probably going to be promoted and move to another school. My students are already a huge pain in the ass. But the kids from the other school are straight up thugs. Like into gangs and stuff. I'm a tough gal, but I didn't sign up to not only teach extremely challenging children, but to deal with crappy administration. I picked my school because I liked my principal.

Word to the wise never ever work at a renewal school.

I come home with a headache every day. It's either because my blood pressure is shit or I need glasses (hopefully the latter). I was hoping I could go my whole life without needing glasses.

Usually if I workout or play around on my drum kit the headache goes away.

My day is usually:

Get up at 6 AM
Eat/drink coffee/watch news
Leave for work at 7 AM
Get to work no later than 7:30 AM
Leave work at 4:30
Work out or come home and work out
Watch TV until I pass out

This will be remedied once I buy a router/modem combo and have the cable company activate an internet subscription. At that point it'll be Netflix and chill all night.

Weekends I will usually sleep as long as I can and then just lounge all day. I am trying to go out and drive around/do something to not be a hermit in winter. Living with your parents for a time sucks the life out of you.

I have 3 metal shows this weekend so that should be loads of fun. Change of pace for the norm.

I guess I'm not meant to work a normal job. That schedule is pretty normal I think and it sounds awful to me.

I guess I'm not meant to work a normal job. That schedule is pretty normal I think and it sounds awful to me.

I usually work from 13:30-22:30. I have a choice to be here earlier but I like this time slot. My old time slot before I took this position over were very bad.

have a new semi-cute korean coworker. she asked me out to lunch. impressed her with my knowledge of korean food and kpop. probably wants the d but not sure, hard to read. what do?

have a new semi-cute korean coworker. she asked me out to lunch. impressed her with my knowledge of korean food and kpop. probably wants the d but not sure, hard to read. what do?
If she does put out make sure to give her a tip. Aug style.