I can't believe what I heard today!!!

but theres no such thing as a scottish accent, them fuckers all have their own dialects. The 'weegies talk different to the highlanders and the like. Same with irish accents. I mean you could wind up with a cork one in yer not careful Sol, heaven forbid

That's why everyone had better stick to their own accent. :)

I had this online conversation yesterday:

- So Hungary is a country?
- Yes, sort of. It's in Central Europe.
- Near Paris?

:cry:

yeah but it was the thicko who said it was near Paris. You live in the bloody place and said it was a 'sort of' country. We're not gonna let a "sort of country" into the EU godammit. We already have wales and luxembourg for that :lol:

Bambi said:
yeah but it was the thicko who said it was near Paris. You live in the bloody place and said it was a 'sort of' country. We're not gonna let a "sort of country" into the EU godammit. We already have wales and luxembourg for that :lol:

It's not me who particularly wants to lead my sort of country into the EU :)

Ok, let's see... maybe my answer to this slightly funny question was not correct languagewise, though I told him then: "yes, sort of :) :)" with two smileys, which was supposed to express a touch of irony, resulting from the fact that I was "sort of" amazed by such a lack of geographical knowledge (maybe I shouldn't have). But here it was not clear since I neglected the smilies, aiming to concentrate on the ultimate stupidity of the initial question as well as the subsequent answer (i.e. "Near Paris?").

If someone thinks Hungary is a region somewhere on the American continent, he deserves to be made to believe that it is but a "sort of country" and not a proper EU-compatible one. (Maybe it isn't anyway :devil: )

i was watching this hungarian film late at night the other week. it lasted like 3 hours and had like 25 cuts...

Dhatura said:
Wasn't it some Béla Tarr direction? About some whale and some prince or stuff?

yeah that one. it was kinda cool actually, though not for people that are not into films. it can be very tiring i guess...

sol83 said:
yeah that one. it was kinda cool actually, though not for people that are not into films. it can be very tiring i guess...

I haven't seen it but my ex-bf saw it twice and was always telling me about it. He even wrote some lyrics about it for his pseudo-band :)