I know i sound....idiotic...but.. (dont flame)

Thanatology Boy

Stupid Moron
Mar 30, 2003
el paso texas
Visit site
but why do so many people like opeth? (dont flame)
i dont find them bad... but i wouldnt listen to them over some of my other bands....looking at how popualur theyre forums are and how many people like them and such i jus wanna ask whats a good song or something cus i guess i just havent heard much or something, people here like love them with everything its weird, so anyway, any recomendations? ive heard like 6 songs but nothing special i would think i remebr.... o_O

Well get their CDs, it's better than hearing a few songs.

I guess you can be like everyone else and get BWP first because it's the most accessible and it seems to be the most popular (which I can understand but it's far form their best CD). If you like that (or better yet, if you don't), get Morningrise or My Arms, Your Hearse, which are very raw but hard to get into.

Still Life is also pretty easy to get into but you'll either absolutely love the album or think ti's very mediocre.

Oh shit, I meant Blackwater Park. Hehe.

Orchid - Orchid
Morningrise - Morningrise (though i've seen it referred to as 'Rise)
My Arms, Your Hearse - MAYH
Still Life - Still Life (though some call it SL, which is kinda stupid because it's not as if Still Life is hard to type)
Blackwater Park - BWP
Deliverance - Deliverance (aka the forgotten album which no one likes)
Damnation - Damnation (aka the album that is unlike any other thing Opeth has done)

I hope the list was helpful.

Rep me now.

Reactions: Aecliptica
Yeah BWP or Still Life are the ones that are fairly easy to get into. But Orchid and MAYH show Opeth's true power I feel. And Opeth are just the damn greatest thing to me but PT is getting up there I'm sorry to say...:(The damn Sky Moves Sideways is owning every minute of my musical consciousness...wow!!

Opeth is kinda like that "once you go black, you don't go back" statement. They are a difficult band to get into or even respect, but once you start liking it, you grow to love it, and just don't stop listening to it.

segaszivos said:
Opeth is kinda like that "once you go black, you don't go back" statement. They are a difficult band to get into or even respect, but once you start liking it, you grow to love it, and just don't stop listening to it.

loL, very well said, that is same way I feel.

segaszivos said:

LMAO!!! I never thought I'd hear Opeth described by the quote "Once you go black you never go back"

First song I heard from Opeth was "When." i was fucking floored by this song. Also, at the time I was sick of all the MTV and pop radio shit and Opeth was an escape from all that.
They sound/ed unique, and I like getting into unique and original stuff.

Deliverance is fucking brilliant, I don't know why so many people knock it. But my favorite is Still Life, most perfect album ever made in history.

Silhouette was the first song I heard, and I love it. Deliverance, however, (for the most part) lacks that Opeth flavour. That being said, there are still good parts on it.

And for the record, Still Life, MAYH and BWP have the most 'Opeth flavour', the chunks of emotion dripping with atmosphere.

And not to mention...a lot of people don't think that Opeth is their favorite band. They just have so many good things to say because Opeth are that good of a band. Like, my favorite band is U2. And real big U2 fans will know the minute details about them that Opeth can probably never achieve,(IMO), but Opeth is still in my top 10, because they are so incredible and so talented. I just prefer other bands.

No matter who or what you like, Opeth will always be amazing and the praise will always be there.

Just thought you should know. Grab BWP first.

They actually have quite a few similarities. Like the drive to always make they music they want, and continuing to fuck up the mainstream in their own ways.