I need a new food product to become addicted to.

i still remember you saying that salt & blandat tasted like it came from the bottom of an ocean

hmm

i don't think these powdered soups and sauces have anything but E621 monosodium glutamate in them, so i'm not sure you'd be better off honestly

do you have anything to TRADE

I don't care man, that soup is tasty as.

I have absolutely nothing of any worth to offer you though, and my infatuation with that soup was probably only really limited to that post and the times I randomly think of it, so never mind me

Boston Market's mac n cheese & corn are both off the fucking charts!!! Currently asphyxiating my pallet in a closet on a thickly sliced cut of succulent turkey, amongst sides that would make a tie dye wearing wag fearing thumper of Ecclesiastes gurn like Krigloch while passing a bowel! Fuck me Louie!*

*Figure of Speech

all you hot sauce and spicy eaters, seek out the below. I have no idea what it is or what it contains and have been eating it for years :loco:

its somewhat spicy, but has a killer smoked peppery flavor, chillies, garlic, and a plethora of weird Asian spices.

its not something you pour on like hot sauce but rather take a few table spoonfuls on the side and eat bits of it here and there.

one of my faves, thought I'd share it with you ... most Asian supermarkets should have it.

IMG00020-20101206-2110.jpg

I have a cabinet full of hot sauces. Ill try to track it down. There arent as many asian markets round here as in NYC though. :loco: Ill check it out when Im in Boston area on route.

I picked up that Trader Joes Jalapeno Hot Sauce that NAD recommended today. I gotta say that Im pleasantly surprised. Good shit!

The best stuff is this brazilian (i think) hot sauce. Its sweet and spicy and rocks my world. Gotta go to the bodega and get some of that shit.

let me know on the Brazilian one ... i have a full blown Brazilian supermarket next to my office ( you should see the staff there, holy cucaracha! )

as far as i know there are 2 TJ's Hot Sauces, 1 of them I bought a few times, it has some red and black label and while good it has a very tomato/pepper vibe but not so hot, great with eggs (even reminds me of Gulyas paste below) ... but I think you guys are talking about the other one.

Speaking of Gulyas paste ... THIS SHIT IS AWESOME ... straight from Hungary ... you HAVE to find these 2. Even in NYC only a handful of places have them.

paprikakrem_gulyaskrem_hungarian_goulash_paste.JPG

Either one added as such ... is like mmmmmm

pirosarany1.jpg

let me tell you what i discovered yesterday

reeses's peanut butter cups are now available in sweden

hell yes son.

let me tell you what i discovered yesterday

reeses's peanut butter cups are now available in sweden

hell yes son.

tasty shit, them.

on the subject of Knorr products... I have some in my cupboard because I have no money. You can buy them at most US supermarkets and there are TONS of choices.

yes that is what i saw too. lurch, do you ever go to the Union Square Greenmarket? I work there on Wednesdays and Fridays now. All day. The selection isn't incredible this time of year due to the fact that it is obviously a seasonal market. Still, you can get good meat, cheese, and bread all year. I happen to be the only vendor that will have lettuces and salad greens all throughout winter, so if you need to make a dank holiday salad then you should stop by. all of the shit is grown in hamden, ct and it's certified organic. also- hydroponic in greenhouses (aka way the fuck better than all of the chinese farmers fecal dirt lettuce)

healthy variety of msg right there :lol:

Seems like the health detriments of MSG are still just as much fiction as fact. I don't believe it to be harmless, but most people's aversion to MSG seems at least 50% based on speculation and old wives' tales.

yes that is what i saw too. lurch, do you ever go to the Union Square Greenmarket? I work there on Wednesdays and Fridays now. All day. The selection isn't incredible this time of year due to the fact that it is obviously a seasonal market. Still, you can get good meat, cheese, and bread all year. I happen to be the only vendor that will have lettuces and salad greens all throughout winter, so if you need to make a dank holiday salad then you should stop by. all of the shit is grown in hamden, ct and it's certified organic. also- hydroponic in greenhouses (aka way the fuck better than all of the chinese farmers fecal dirt lettuce)

it's pepper.

no way Max, and you tell me this now? I go there in the summer mostly.
how late are you usually there? i'll definitely try to stop by.

msg flavor with powdered potato (3.2%)
msg flavor with powdered onion (1.7%)
msg flavor with mechanically processed meat-derived product (0.3%)

in america:

msg flavor with powdered potato
msg flavor with "rice"
msg flavor with "pasta"

they are like under 75 cents a packet I mean come on

Lurch- there at 8am until 6pm and then we start to slowly pack up. yes, it is a 17 hour day for me usually (leaving home until i get home). so if you stop by at night and i'm totally zonked out its because i have been standing up and selling lettuce in the freezing cold for many hours. also- hot polish girl working with us on fridays. im sure youve seen a picture of me before but i'm the large lumberjack-type guy

healthy variety of msg right there :lol:

Seems like the health detriments of MSG are still just as much fiction as fact. I don't believe it to be harmless, but most people's aversion to MSG seems at least 50% based on speculation and old wives' tales.

well i try to avoid suspect chemicals whether or not they are considered harmless because i do not think there's any real good way to tell

but the main point is everything with msg in it tastes like msg and it is not really a great taste