I need a new food product to become addicted to.

so you mean the chocolate bar i bought that has 60% saturated fat isn't going to cut it?

isn't aldi just cheapo crap

i mean, a european chain of cheapo crap is still going to look like health mecca when compared to your usual american globs of starch and hfcs but yeah..?

Aldi has been in the midwest for as long as I can remember. I remember it as the grocery store for folks who are on government assistance.

It always reminded me of Big Lots, perhaps because they are typically located in the same shopping center....along with Goodwill. For some reason, Moms never went to Aldi but frequented the other two stores. All three have a profound depressant affect on me as an adult because of my childhood experiences there.

Aldi has been in the midwest for as long as I can remember. I remember it as the grocery store for folks who are on government assistance.

weird ... here they are pitching a more "good shit for the price of bad shit" angle. the prices are certainly not that cheap and certainly can't do all your shopping there. it has pretty limited inventory.

Interesting. Maybe they are changing it up....not according to their website though

Haven't read the entire thread but in case you didn't know, you can now get spare tires for the Bilars that were made famous on the first page. There are also delicious Sour Bilars available!

"bilar" is already the plural so "bilars" make no sense

just a heads-up

turkish+sunflower+seed.jpg

^
nice

Something similar: I've become really fond of flavourered cashew nuts, most of the times I'll buy plain cashew nuts and add the favour myself, like paprika powder, herbs or something. No idea how nasty it is on a dietetic point of view.

chilli-cashews.jpg

No idea how nasty it is on a dietetic point of view.

cashew nuts are pretty good, they're unfortunately high in carbs compared to other nuts, but there's a decent amount of nutritious fat also

other nuts are far better from a nutritional viewpoint, like macadamias, walnuts, hazelnuts and brazil nuts, but i doubt nuts are a large enough part of your food for it to matter

i was told that almonds are best from an all-around nutritional point of view. as of the new year, i'm trying out a mostly vegan diet with my girlfriend. she's a trim beauty, but i put on a lot of my old high-school weight when i quit doing hard drugs a few years ago. since i have unlimited access to excellent vegetables, this isn't much of a problem for me. they have always been my favorite thing to eat. when you take meat and cheese out of the diet, you can definitely see the value of nuts and peanut butter/etc.

still, i allow one day per week to eat whatever i want. had some non-vegetarian indian food last night and it tasted like the greatest meal of all time. it was.

almonds are pretty great, around 50% fat by weight, that's like 75% of the energy.

max i will tell you how to lose weight: dont eat carbs. there it is, now you can choose to do it or not do it but there it is. drop all starch and sugar and do it consistently, and you're gonna look pretty svelte after a while

shame that you won't probably be able to do that on a vegan diet unless you eat coconut oil by the bowlful

Wow I was about to come in here and talk about chipotle seasoned almonds, but it looks like the seasoned nuts and almond discussion is already underway! Still...CHIPOTLE ALMONDS :)