I want to learn swedish...

CHUK

Nov 1, 2005
I want to learn swedish, if someone knows a good website, please and thanks.

CHUK said:
I want to learn swedish, if someone knows a good website, please and thanks.

Buy a book. Or enroll for a course if smth like that is available where you live.

Och för de som förstår svenska.....jag hittade en kul liten grej häromdagen:

skelleftea.jpg

Kunde inte låta bli :D

Gaunerin said:
Buy a book. Or enroll for a course if smth like that is available where you live.

Och för de som förstår svenska.....jag hittade en kul liten grej häromdagen:

skelleftea.jpg

Kunde inte låta bli :D

I saw that one myself..hehehehe..what can I say..it's so weired but still very funny.

mr V

You have to attend a course. I've had a year and 2 months of swedish and now i'm in Sweden and i still can't understand what most people say. It's like they had a hot potato in their mouths. I really don't think you can learn swedish by yourself.

dujmanu said:
You have to attend a course. I've had a year and 2 months of swedish and now i'm in Sweden and i still can't understand what most people say. It's like they had a hot potato in their mouths. I really don't think you can learn swedish by yourself.

:tickled: then u should listen to Danish

We had someone coming to our course once who was self-tought (which we didn't know first). After he had finished speaking for a while, someone asked him what strange accent/dialect that was he was talking with. Then he said he was self-tought :D

"I come from Skellefteå, so I don't know anything", answering the question "What do you know about the Nobel-price winner in litterature?"

Omg, that girl is so... :loco:

-Vintersorg- said:
I taught myself. Didn't take all that long either. I did have prior knowledge of German, though, which helped immensely.

hmm... I am German and wasn't able to understand spoken Swedish after 2 months either... o_O
I still only understand a few, but it really depends on who speaks.

Thidrek said:
hmm... I am German and wasn't able to understand spoken Swedish after 2 months either... o_O
I still only understand a few, but it really depends on who speaks.

Perhaps you're used to being a wunderkind but don't you think you are expecting a bit too much after two months? The gap between being able to read Swedish and actually being able to understand spoken Swedish is unfortunately bigger than it seems.

And while we're on the subject of Swedish, maybe there's somone interested in a documentary on Swedish tv right now, Svenska Dialektmysterier . The first episodes are already online. Not too heavy topic but quite entertaining (Lindström :D ). And the incomprehensible parts are subtitled ;)

Gaunerin said:
And while we're on the subject of Swedish, maybe there's somone interested in a documentary on Swedish tv right now, Svenska Dialektmysterier . The first episodes are already online. Not too heavy topic but quite entertaining (Lindström :D ). And the incomprehensible parts are subtitled ;)

Best damn program on TV ever! Me and my father always watches this. If you get the chance, you should also check out Värsta Språket - the program Lindström did a few years ago.

Bah! Lindström is a damn "linguistic-liberal" (unsure of the correct English term). "Anything is correct as long as people understand what you say." He and the likes of him are to blame for the decay of our language! :bah:

He is pretty funny though...