Learning Swedish?

Djöfull;9746931 said:
I heard about this live mocha a few weeks ago. I might try out the first course in swedish.

Same problem with me! I should just leave a book at a special bookplace/ "night-table" to be read.

How very nice of you. I could consider it in the next years...

Yeah, I already have my account since a couple of months ago and I haven't used it. Maybe I should. Meh once my Swedish gets to at least B1. But since you're Icelandic and know Danish, shouldn't Svenska be rather easy by default? I know they're different, but I'm sure they're similar too.

Hey no problem, if you want to come here to CR tell me and I'll make some space in my room for you :) . I'm sure you'd do the same if I were to go to Iceland hee hee :) .

Yeah, I already have my account since a couple of months ago and I haven't used it. Maybe I should. Meh once my Swedish gets to at least B1. But since you're Icelandic and know Danish, shouldn't Svenska be rather easy by default? I know they're different, but I'm sure they're similar too.

Hey no problem, if you want to come here to CR tell me and I'll make some space in my room for you :) . I'm sure you'd do the same if I were to go to Iceland hee hee :) .
I don't really know danish, it's been a while since I learned it and in daily life I don't use it so it withers. Anyway they talk like they have something burning in their mouths. I would say I understand 50% of the spoken language and 80% of the written language.

Of course there are similarities in swedish and danish, but the accent is different and they have different words and verbs for some things.

Djöfull;9747292 said:
I don't really know danish, it's been a while since I learned it and in daily life I don't use it so it withers. Anyway they talk like they have something burning in their mouths. I would say I understand 50% of the spoken language and 80% of the written language.

Of course there are similarities in swedish and danish, but the accent is different and they have different words and verbs for some things.

But wouldn't Islenska + (some) Dansk make it a bit easier to learn Swedish? Or au contraire?

As opposed to what?

Of course that's an advantage and it helps. But as I have said, one has to live in the country or be pretty adamant about studying the language.

I suppose it can confuse you, the word order, when picking words and you use a ehm..."icelandi/dani-fied" one that doesn't make sense when you mold it into swedish . But for the most part exposure from your own language help to connect with the words that are similar and stem from the same root.

Yeah, I've LiveMocha too, but felt quite discouraged when I saw that I have to correct other people's mistakes. I do that for a living, so I don't want to do it for free haha and I've enough with my students, thank you.

what discourages me is not that i have to correct people, but instead how many exercises i have to correct! you gain 10 points each exercise, and you need to have 300 points to get to the next level.... so that means 30 exercises :err: