I Was Just Arrested for Opeth

TEDIUM

May 14, 2008
Mankato, MN
Okay, so like any true Opeth fan, I decided to go to my local Target at midnight to pick up Watershed. Problem is I can't legally drive as I got a ticket a couple years back for having an air freshener hanging from my mirror. I decided fuck that, I'm not paying it, and my license was consequently suspended. So tonight I rode my bike like 3 miles to Target, only to find that they closed at 10. So then I started to ride back, when I was pulled over for not having a headlight on my bike. The cop then ran my ID and said I had a warrant and that I had to pay $50 or go to jail. I didn't have the cash, so I had to call a friend to spot me the cash, and in the meantime I rode around in the back of the cop car. Seriously, the things we put up with for good music.

Where do you live that you'd get a ticket for having an airfreshener hanging from your mirror? Also, how much was the ticket in the first place?

Where do you live that you'd get a ticket for having an airfreshener hanging from your mirror? Also, how much was the ticket in the first place?

I remember years ago here there being a big debate about fluffy dice on mirrors. I don't think they banned them in the end though. In my Highway Code it tells you they're dangerous but doesn't say they're illegal.

Okay, so like any true Opeth fan, I decided to go to my local Target at midnight to pick up Watershed. Problem is I can't legally drive as I got a ticket a couple years back for having an air freshener hanging from my mirror. I decided fuck that, I'm not paying it, and my license was consequently suspended. So tonight I rode my bike like 3 miles to Target, only to find that they closed at 10. So then I started to ride back, when I was pulled over for not having a headlight on my bike. The cop then ran my ID and said I had a warrant and that I had to pay $50 or go to jail. I didn't have the cash, so I had to call a friend to spot me the cash, and in the meantime I rode around in the back of the cop car. Seriously, the things we put up with for good music.

Are you american?

WTF? What country do you live in?? I'm guessing America because of Target, but a ticket for an air freshener hanging from your mirror?? And then stoped for not having a headlight on your bike?? That's f**kin nuts!

there's no way he lives in america, you could never get arrested for hanging an air-freshener in your mirror or not having a fucking headlight on your bike (!?)

unless he lives in some ass backwards state in DA SOUF

I got pulled over one time for "speeding" (I was 2 mph over the limit, ffs), and the cop made me remove an air freshener hangin from the rearview. He told me it can block your vision so they don't allow anything hanging from the rearview for "safety reasons" :rolleyes::Smug: He didn't give me a ticket for it though.

What are you people talking about? I live in America and nobody around here (Pennsylvania) has ever gotten ticketed for having an air freshener on their rearview, nor has anyone ever gotten stopped for not having a light on their bike. Maybe this is some sort of weird state law?