Ideal partners

marduk1507 said:
My wife has been my first and one and only partner. Not because of some religious reasons, but simply because I was lucky enough to meet the right woman on the first try. Shes beautiful, intelligent, likes good music, is able to sit beside me and do her nails while Im listening to Nasum, cooks like a goddess... aaaah well.
that put a smile on my face, so i quoted it again for everyone to enjoy. :)

hyena said:
Assuming that one can't have everything, do you place great stock in moral qualities such as fidelity, ability to withstand adversities etc. at the expense of the degree of passion and affection that the person spontaneously elicits in you?
I don't understand why we have to assume one can't have everything.
Do you somehow think that fidelity and passion can't co-exist in the same relationship? If so, is it because of the stereotype that passionate men like to screw around?
If yes, apart from the cases where that's true, i'd also like you to think of the case where the passion level is rock bottom exactly because one of the partners screws around.

Ideal partners aren't human... or - of the same gender.

So I'll have to go with a non-ideal one.

Keep on blathering now ;)

marduk1507 said:
My wife has been my first and one and only partner. Not because of some religious reasons, but simply because I was lucky enough to meet the right woman on the first try. Shes beautiful, intelligent, likes good music, is able to sit beside me and do her nails while Im listening to Nasum, cooks like a goddess... aaaah well.
You're pretty damn lucky! Those kind of relationships are rare, but i think that's the way it should go with everyone. I don't think people should be with lots of different people before meeting the right one. But i do realise that it's impossible for everyone to find the right person straight away.

My current boyfriend is pretty much everything i want, and i'm not planning on ever letting him slip away from me :p He had one girlfriend before me, but that girl was a weird arrogant mess and he always kinda wanted to get rid of her. Now that he's with me he knows that i'm the person he'll spend the rest of his life with :) So this has gone quite well for us too ^_^

u are lucky really, all who found this ideal partner and are happy in their relation... it started to be so difficult for me to trust again, to fall in love again, I feel really empty for the moment and I hate this feeling :(

DL :(
It was kinda hard for me to trust my boyfriend at first, because i never trusted people before. I was always kind of waiting for him to do something to hurt me, but he didn't. He proved me that he was worth my trust. I hope that will happen for you too.

What are the features you look for in a sentimental partner?
I want to say, a really open mind, a massive sense of self, an appreciation of life and the beauty this plannet has to offer, and ability to take things with a pinch of sault and a deep concern for important issues. The reason I say "I want to say" is because I'm being unrealistic, in so far as a woman like that wouldnt be with me, because on the surface I contradict alot of those things. I'm very aware of this though, however, it is not explicit.

Assuming that one can't have everything, do you place great stock in moral qualities such as fidelity, ability to withstand adversities etc. at the expense of the degree of passion and affection that the person spontaneously elicits in you?
Yes.

Would you rather have only one partner for your life or several? In the latter case, do you think each of them should be a synthesis of what you like or would you prefer to have different people for different seasons of life?
That's really tough. I'd love to experince many of my fantasies, all of which do actually involve a close connection, but to do this would mean enduring the chaos of when the fantasy ends. And that is not good. Then again, I could easilly meat a woman who doesn't conform to my ideas of what would be perfect, and Im sure we could get along just fine, maybe spend a life time or two together.

Why do you think you're attracted to the qualities you're attracted to? Do they fit in your personal history somehow? Do they reflect something that you learnt from/see in your parents? Or opposite to that? Etc.
That sounds like some psychological hooplah, and I don't agree with that :)p :huh: ). Nah, seriously I'd say it is from a girl I knew in my infancy, who changed alot, but was sweet back then, and also a dream I once had about this firey red head who made me feel a certain way (it was non sexual, I was like 9 or something). The first classical concert I ever went to which was when I was around 13 may have had some relation to what I want. I saw a girl there, my age, who cried during a powerful moment. I don't even remember what symphony it was (I think it was Rachmaninov though) but I remember that girl. I just thought, she must have so much about her if at her age she can let music get into her like that.

Thanks.
aww, you're very welcome. I had fun.

King Chaos said:
and also a dream I once had about this firey red head who made me feel a certain way (it was non sexual, I was like 9 or something).
awwww, and i thought you had forgotten me. :)

:p

How about ; sense of humor because life is just a breath in the eternity
respect for human dignity
self-composed not drama queen
not blaming others for his own faults
gentle

I'm searching for a male person who would be able to hold my hair while I'm puking the purge out of me.

Awwwwwwwwwww, that's just heartbreaking.

skinnybone said:
I'm searching for a male person who would be able to hold my hair while I'm puking the purge out of me.

Awwwwwwwwwww, that's just heartbreaking.
Actually, Ive done that ;) It's not so bad really, lol

- What are the features you look for in a sentimental partner?

i agree with hitori:
i'll leave out the important qualities that apply to every relationship such as communication, honesty, patience, hard work etc, and focus on what i personally need: someone who brings out the best in me, basically
it's hard to explain, but what makes me feel so good with my partner is that i feel like i don't need anything more in the sentimental field (and actually the other parts of my life seem "complete" too)

- Assuming that one can't have everything, do you place great stock in moral qualities such as fidelity, ability to withstand adversities etc. at the expense of the degree of passion and affection that the person spontaneously elicits in you?

i need both, and i guess i have them right now

- Would you rather have only one partner for your life or several? In the latter case, do you think each of them should be a synthesis of what you like or would you prefer to have different people for different seasons of life?

one partner

- Why do you think you're attracted to the qualities you're attracted to? Do they fit in your personal history somehow? Do they reflect something that you learnt from/see in your parents? Or opposite to that? Etc.

they reflect me, i understand them because i feel the same, with opposites or things i don't completely get i curl up like an armadillo and the relationship fails.

do you like anyone in this forum? i mean like in the sense of 'i'd probably fall for him/her if i met him/her'

hyena said:
do you like anyone in this forum? i mean like in the sense of 'i'd probably fall for him/her if i met him/her'
Oh wow, this is interesting. I like everyone in this forum (no exclusions) but as far as falling for them... no at this moment, as people here generally have 3+ years on me (and they wouldn't be seen with me). Plus admitting to the ones you might be able to see yourself falling for is going to be awkward, as said people might get weird chatting to you in the future. That said ( :p ), If I was gay I'd love to give Misanthrope a big sloppy kiss and if I had even half her intelligence, claudia, as never have I seen such a mind on a woman :p :lol: . The only person female and close to my age is Santu, and she seems like a very strong character, and if I may be so bold is a real looker ;).. so given the right circumstances, a guy like me could easilly fall for a chick like her... but in my current state it wouldn't happen, as I'm in the exact state Caro described at the top of this page, that said, I'd fall for caro if I was a bit older because I'd be able to relate to her on the mentioned term, and if I may be so bold she's a real looker ;)

None of this is reflection by the way, merely speculation. I have no crushes... but still, those mentioned, please be inclined to feel complimented, :D :oops:

i don't have many requirements. my ideal partner must be called elizabeth, she must live in cheverly, maryland, and she must be 26 years of age come next july, 19.

there, now if there's someone out there exactly like this, they better come to the fore. :rolleyes: ;)

Así es mi pareja ideal.

¿Quién es mi pareja ideal? ¿Y dónde esta? Yo no sé, pero sé (stupid mistake edited out) que quiero: un muchacho fenomenal.
Mi chico ideal es alto, naturalmente, ¿quién quiere los chicos bajos? (another fucked up sentence). Tiene también el pelo moreno, los ojos azules, una nariz pequeña y la cara más preciosa en todo el mundo. Es bastante delgado y fuerte, pero no deportista porque me gustan los hombres inteligentes.
Pues, mi pareja ideal es preciosa, y es también inteligente. Además, su personalidad es fantastica. Es amable, cariñoso, sincero y romántico, y puedo confiar en él. Él arregle todas las cosas que se rompen, le gusta cocinar y nosotros tenemos mucho en común, por ejemplo nos gustan leer, la pintura y ayudar a los discapacitados.
Es independiente y todos (severe mistake edited out), pero es ni extraño ni exotico. Es sólo fenomenal.
Además, es un trabajador y gana mucho dinero. Que bien.
Desfortunadamente, no se dónde puedo encontrar a esto chico.

Ah, the days of Stage 2 Spanish essays...

@nl: :lol: at the poor small guys who nobody loves. :lol:

@gav: i do feel complimented in a way, but not really since it's all the other girls who get props for their looks. am i so shitey? :lol:

@NL

suena bien, tiene hermanos? :p
tip: "pelo moreno"... moreno se aplica solo para la piel, piel morena etc. pelo es "oscuro".
el arregle= el arregla
but you've got perfect spanish woot, it's always cool when people can speak/understand spanish. to me at least.