If the new Opeth cd leaks before the official date...

???

• YEAH

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • NOPE

Votes: 36 49.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, I would. I just did the same thing to the new In Flames album. It's nice to be able to check and see if you like the album.

I said I wouldn't for Damnation, but I eventually gave up, and I think it did ruin it a bit.

So this time I'll try to wait, though I bet people will be talking about it on the forums, which will make it 100x harder to wait.

Well, most of us did it with Deliverance :lol:, but that was with the old crew. It was an amazing night actually... all of us on the hub discussing immediately how much we liked/disliked parts of it. Almost like a social listening experience.

But to answer, I will, and if it's good I will also buy it, as always.

No way.

I had the choice with Deliverance and Damnation, but opted out.
For some reason, there's just no chance that I would listen to it early....

*shrugs*

There's nothing quite like sitting alone, opening the new CD, taking out the booklet, and then hitting the play button. I just would never ruin that by listening to it early....

That's just my opinion though....I'm sure we each appreciate a new album in our own way...like, I'm sure it's more exciting/fulfilling for some to download it early, and revel in the musical bliss.....but it's just not for me.

Ahh well, here's waiting!

:Spin:

Nope.

Katabasis said:
There's nothing quite like sitting alone, opening the new CD, taking out the booklet, and then hitting the play button. I just would never ruin that by listening to it early....
Definitely

Sound-wise, the quality isn't anywhere near cd quality, Chris. Plus like Katabasis said, having the booklet in your hand, being able to see the cover and all adds to it.

If it's leaked, i'll maybe listen to one or two tracks to make sure i'm gonna love it as usual, and then i'll do my best to restrain myself until it's released.

No. I usually only listen to one track to get a feel for the album. But dling an entire album isnt my thing. Plus everyone usually complains about an album before they even heard it. They listen to one song they dont like and they run the album down. Then they listen to the entire album and there like. "OH i changed my mind this is good" ie. New In flames