If ye want Borknagar to tour, post here!!!

I actually really enjoyed In Sorte Diaboli too. Am I the only one who noticed how similar The Fundamental Alienation sounds to Arcturus?

I know! And In Sorte Diaboli is quite the solid album, quite a comeback you know? DCA was ok, but ISD is much better :headbang: .

And Simens vocals are always the highlight of the album :kickass: .

I only got Enthrone Darkness Triumphant by Dimmu Borgir, because Nagash (from Troll and The Kovenant) plays on it. don't like it enough to buy the other 2 albums he's on. and i'm not exactly the kind of Simen-fanboy to purchase the albums he's on just for his voice.... ;-)

^ Well I'm not that much of a Simen fanboy (maybe...), but I actually do like Dimmu's albums :Spin: . 'Tis all a matter of taste :p .

I actually really enjoyed In Sorte Diaboli too. Am I the only one who noticed how similar The Fundamental Alienation sounds to Arcturus?

I disagree, I don't hear anything that sounds familiar to Arcturus.

- The guitars are typically Dimmu guitars
- Drums are 'too fast' for Arcturus, there are almost no Arcturus songs with fast blastbeats (only 1 but that's only a short part).
- Lyrics are not Arcturus-ish at all
- Vocals have nothing to do with Arcturus either
- Song structure is standard, Arcturus usually has something special
- Only thing that MAY sound a but Arcturus-ish is the keyboard in the beginning (when the drums fills in..).

So just curious, why does it sound like Arcturus to you? :loco:

It's my favorite song of the album though :D But just doesn't remind me of Arcturus at all :p

I disagree, I don't hear anything that sounds familiar to Arcturus.

- The guitars are typically Dimmu guitars
- Drums are 'too fast' for Arcturus, there are almost no Arcturus songs with fast blastbeats (only 1 but that's only a short part).
- Lyrics are not Arcturus-ish at all
- Vocals have nothing to do with Arcturus either
- Song structure is standard, Arcturus usually has something special
- Only thing that MAY sound a but Arcturus-ish is the keyboard in the beginning (when the drums fills in..).

So just curious, why does it sound like Arcturus to you? :loco:

It's my favorite song of the album though :D But just doesn't remind me of Arcturus at all :p

I am mostly talking about the synths at the beginning just before Shagrath kicks in with his vocals and the synths do continue throughout the song. The drumming and entire structure has that feeling that Arcturus always gave off too (I don't know technical stuff I'm just going by what I feel). The only thing that really pushes it away is the shitty guitars (I still don't get that style of DUN DUN DUN DUN |*cut off* DUN DUN DUN DUN *cut off* because they do it so bad). And of course the vocals, even including Simen's because they give him the exact same melody to sing in every bloody song.

Ah damnit, for a minute I thought you meant Simen did vocals on The Fundamental Alienation. I got excited thinking he did vocals on a fourth song I didn't know about. You can probably tell I only listen to his songs.

just puttin' that up to remind the band of how much we, the cd- and merch-buying fans, starve for more live-dates :)

i was just discussing on another forum about the fact they only tour from the polar circle to the 50 parallel :lol: