If you could hear SymX cover one song....

Originally posted by Warrior of Ice
I think your selection of songs is interesting. Althought ive never really thought of anyone doing a cover song for Rhapsody especialy Gargolyes, Angels of Darkness. I mean i dont think it would be the same without the Heavy Italian Accent in it. I also dont think Symphony X actualy has listen to anything by Rhapsody. On a Unrelated note what does Luca Turillis new album sound like i wanna know what "Symphonic Cosmic Metal" is :lol: i dont particularly like Olafs singing but i do think he is good when his voice is deep and Luca couldnt have Fabio singing in the solo band because that would be Rhapsody2 instead of a solo. Damnit im ranting about Rhapsody oh well :p HAIL RHAPSODY! to all non Rhapsody fans!
jerkoff.gif

Actually... in a Michael LePond chat in dementiaradio.com some time ago now... my question managed to reach him, and the question was about the all mighty Rhapsody" and he said he liked them, or am I confusing it with the question about Helloween? damn... I'll get back to you with it.

On the original topic...

Dream Theater - Metropolis part 1
Shadow Gallery - Cliffhanger 2

I wouldn't like to see SyX covering the entire "Operation: Mindcrime" I have that job reserved for Dream Theater :D

PEACE...

Originally posted by Demonspell
I would love to see SX try their hand at a Rush tune...

Bastille Day
Cygnus X-1
Jacob's Ladder
YYZ (don't tease us!) :)
Analog Kid (with the full band this time...)

Absolutely. I hear a lot of Rush in SX. Moments in The Odyssey remind of Cygnus X-1, which I think would be a great choice.

My pick would be the Fountain of Lamneth though. The Odyssey reminds me so much that song...not so much musically (although it does a little bit), but just the overall feel of the two songs. I'd love to hear them add a lot of keys to this song and do it SX style.

2112 and Hemispheres would also be quite interesting, given Russell's talent for portraying different characters through his voice.

Originally posted by Soul of Ice
but for a Symphony Xised version i would LOVE to hear them doing Metallica's "One" or maybe Alice in Chains "i stay away" (comeon, you know that would be interesting).

Yes it would be. My pick is still Rush, but I've always loved AIC and Russell can sound similar to Layne if he wants to. "A god's aura in my eyes..."

since there have been so many queensryche requests, i was just wondering if anyone heard kotipelto do a cover of "i don't believe in love" at wacken. Man, that was one of the huge highlights of the fest.... amazing. Symphony x would be good with that. Also, i would like to see them do a cover of till fjalls by vintersorg.... russ singing in swedish would be killer lol

Tears for Fears - "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
Midnight Oil - "Beds Are Burning"
Morissey - "Everyday Is Like Sunday"
Erasure - "Chains of Love"

Kyra said:
Absolutely. I hear a lot of Rush in SX. Moments in The Odyssey remind of Cygnus X-1, which I think would be a great choice.

My pick would be the Fountain of Lamneth though. The Odyssey reminds me so much that song...not so much musically (although it does a little bit), but just the overall feel of the two songs. I'd love to hear them add a lot of keys to this song and do it SX style.

I agree with you vehemently. Rock on! :headbang:

ProgMetalFan said:
Tears for Fears - "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
Midnight Oil - "Beds Are Burning"
Morissey - "Everyday Is Like Sunday"
Erasure - "Chains of Love"

Those are great choices!

I also agree that "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" would be spectacular!

As would:

Camel - "The White Rider"
Billy Idol - "Eyes Without A Face"
Billy Joel - "The Stranger"
Mr. Mister - "Broken Wings"
The Cars - "Hello Again"

John Parr - "St. Elmo's Fire"
The Cars - "Drive"
Duran Duran - "A View To A Kill"
Duran Duran - "Come Undone"
Sting - "All This Time"
Zebra - "Who's Behind The Door?"