Introduce Yourself - the n00b thread

Hello, I am an Italian girl who listens opeth and Mark paper is my idol but also opeth I like if they had not Satan in messages contrary
one of you told me that I am a troll and I ban but I do not know what is troll

that was the moderator of this forum, he is who runs the forum an can ban whoever he wants for not respecting the rules, a troll is someone who just trys to start an argument or makes criticismwithout it being constructive (ie, "this band is gay" comments are not tolerated generally) or making an obviously dumb thread like nathan_lol made. things like that
also opeth are not satanic in any way. that was most likely a joke or an homage. opeth are all athiests, them being aligned with satan is completly ridiculous

I'm Nik btw, im from canada, 20 years old and i have a wonderful girlfriend, who also loves opeth (thanks to me) :headbang::headbang:

amazing thread btw

merhaba:D my name is sevim and i'm 15.i'm a turkish girl.Music=Life for me;).i love listening to music and metal music.mostly death,black,melodic,thrash etc. ;) and i'm happy to being here :)

OPETH #1 :D

Hey everyone. I've been enjoying Opeth for more than a year now since I first heard Blackwater Park. Now I've heard every album and love each one.

I listen to several genres of music but as far a it goes with Prog and Metal I listen to: Ulver, Agalloch, Comus, Tool, Between the Buried & Me, Darkthrone, Dissection, Edge of Sanity, Atheist, Cynic... and many more.

So yeah, that's what I mainly listen to, good to be here on the boards with the rest of ya. :headbang:

Can't say I'm a noob per se, as I have been a member of this forum since Blackwater Park or thereabouts, but I am often treated as one, probably because of my annoyingly epic username [although I do have some knowledge of metal :err:] or because I don't post that often. Or maybe because I don't buy into the whole "shit thread" thing.

I live in Norway at the moment, I'm 33 years old, fan of Opeth since My Arms Your Hearse. Also a big fan of My Dying Bride, Edge Of Sanity, well most metal really.

Hi,i'm 20 years old,a Huge fan of opeth since 2001(huger fan in my country probably!)! my favorite album is Blackwater park...i discovered the band by my self !
i'm also a fan of Katatonia,MDB : doom bands.. :p
but i cant stop loving Opeth since i knowed them,the greatest metal band ever!! :D

..sorry for my english :s

Greetings from TUNISIA !! \m/

Hello, I'm a relatively new member on the forum, and of the band, although I do own all of their albums, and love all of them (well, I'm not THAT big on Orchid or Morningrise, but mainly because of the raspier growls that I can't get into).

So, hello.

my name is matt foley, and i live in a van down by the river

...no actually ive been listening to opeth for...i guess about 8 months, not long at all, but they have become my favourite band.

all hail opeth. :worship:

Howdy y'all!

My name is Jonesy; i'm from Phoenix, Arizona. I've been listening to Opeth since "My Arms, Your Hearse". Fell in love with the music instantly, and got chills up my spine the moment I heard the clean vocals on "April Ethereal". Been hooked ever since.

I decided to join the forum after all this time because this year has been incredible for me as a fan with "Watershed" and also attending the "Progressive Nation" tour with Dream Theater (another of my favorite groups).

Glad to be a part of the forum and hope to offer a positive influence :)

Hello, my name is Shane, I like puppies, moonlight walks on the beach, and my favorite color is CLEAR!

I'm a cynical old bastard (same age as my fellow geezer, Per!), new to this forum, anyway, metalhead for virtually my entire life, and probably the only person here whose favorite Opeth record is actually now Watershed (followed very, very closely by my old favorite: Still Life)!

Can I go, now? :ill:

My name's Dave and I'm an alcoholic. My hobbies include making jokes that go over the moderator's head.

Hey I'm Joey and I've been an Opeth fan for just about a year now. My favorite album is Still Life. My other favorite band is Dream Theater.