Introducing ourselves.

Hey Hill, nice to see you and say hello. Just let me know if you need some cheering up :)

Good cheer is always welcome here. Now why am I writing in the passive? :rolleyes: And in rhymes?!

Must be goin' a tad mad (another rhyme, oh :yuk:).

I'll be back bothering y'all frequently, just like before, in no time. So enjoy the break, children and gentlepeople.

Rock n' Roll! Hello Cleveland! And if you don't know the source of the "Cleveland" bit, ooh boy, ya need some rock-ed pronto.

Love from Mizzou,

Hill

Nice to see you around again Will, this place does feel quite empty without your posts. Hope this moment of crisis gets over fast. See you around man.

I appreciate your words of appreciation and thank you for your thanks. And I'm getting very repetitive, repetitive, repetitive. Yeah, "this moment of crisis" is stretching into weeks, but I'll soldier on. :kickass:

We (I) Shall Overcome, My Friend/s.

Hugs and Fluffy Puppies,

Hillz

Hi guys. I just wanted to say hello to all and greetings from Poland. I've just registered and have been OL fan since El Norra Alila. Cheers !

Hi guys. I just wanted to say hello to all and greetings from Poland. I've just registered and have been OL fan since El Norra Alila. Cheers !

Awesome! You go way back with OL, then. My have they grown.

You're from Poland, so, regardless of your feelings toward Behemoth, I'm telling you, I've been a fan of those spooky dudes from Gdansk since Demigod :headbang:.

Enjoy your weekend!

Good to have you back Ilan!
The world is small indeed, today I was wondering around Tel Aviv and went to the neve tzedek neighbourhood. I was taking pictures of people in the street when suddenly a guy comes up to me and showed me the pictures he took of my shirt while I was walking in the street. Its one of my hand,ade shirts with Or on the front and three religious symbols on the back. We started to talk and it turns out he is a friend of Kobi, a photographer. I mean- such a coincidence. Just because he saw my shirt...

Well, the president of the fanclub will already know me from email traffic, but I thought it'd be quite nice to meet some other OL fans prior to the upcoming tour.

So I'm an 28 old man from Belgium, currently living in Spain. I got into oriental music (both traditional Middle Eastern music and crossovers with rock or other styles) during the time I lived in Turkey. I fell in love with the Middle Eastern culture in general, like I love visiting souks and mosques and I love the oriental architecture, and yes also the Middle Eastern music. Orphaned Land by far is the most unique one IMO because of the unique way how they mix the cultural elements of different areas of the world, and the concept and noble message of peace behind the music. Other Middle Eastern music I like includes Souad Massi, Natacha Atlas, Mezarkabul, ... My dream is to relocate to Israel or to return to Turkey in the future. Unfortunately not very easy: Turkey is suffering from the economical crisis so getting a working permit is not that easy, and in Israel a lot of employers prefer someone who can make Aliyah rather than paying the working permit for someone else with identical qualifications. I refuse to give up on the dream though, hence the HaTikvah ("Hope" is such a powerful word). I also consider the likes of Lebanon, Morocco, ... but well, working permit issues, so same problems if you want to do it the legal way :(

Other than Middle Eastern music my favourite bands include (but not limited to) The God Machine, Placebo, Manic Street Preachers, Echo & The Bunnymen, Bauhaus, The Smiths, A Perfect Circle, Muse, ... Other passions of mine are arts in general, sports and travel. I'm autistic and have anxiety disorders -- not that I like to label myself as such, but I also don't hide it anymore.

PS I'm the guy who you were emailing with recently ;) just in case that wasn't obvious already :)

I love Lebanese cuisine! Tabouleh, hummus, falafel, couscous platters, ... Well, I am vegan so I usually eat a lot of Asian stuff. Indian, Lebanese, Chinese, Thai, Arabic ... Most European cuisine contains animal products (if not meat or fish itself) with Italian cuisine as exception if you politely ask the pizza baker to not use any cheese on your veggie pizza :)

The Orphaned Land community is incredibly vegan/vegetarian :D And you are no exception. The % of veggies here is startling, way above any average.

@HaTikva
I didn't get your name, but with regards to Lebanese cuisine I'm insanely jealous! I've only heard about all this or seen it in popular culture or Morticia's descriptions. Being a vegan, you can really feast on Indian food, there are innumerable varities :D