Introducing ourselves.

Hiii I'm from the old-days too. I don't know if I introduced myself here or not.

I'm Kenneth, and I too am from many places. Orphaned Land made a deep impression on me and I greatly admire their cause as well as their music. I am more of a 'reader' now because I work all the time. :wave:

I am from many places in the world. I play music for my soul, and I spread music and make it for other people. I found this music and it' s simply magical music, takes me on journeys that i want to go further.

You are so right! This is "magical music;" it touches people in a way that can't be categorized otherwise (except for clueless peeps :zombie:). Thank God for that, because, it's necessary for it to be magic in order to break the awful divide that exists in the Middle East now (but, soon, NOT).

I am into so many forms of music and so many bands, but this one is on a mission that is as magical as its music. It's rare for a band on a mission to make top-flight music: OL does. If that isn't magic, then I live in Iowa :lol: Hey, hey, chill, my neighbors-to-the-north. I LOVE your flat terrain :Smug:

Enjoy the journey, pal! Oh, wow, you've been on this ship since 2003! :worship:

Hill

Hiii I'm from the old-days too. I don't know if I introduced myself here or not.

I'm Kenneth, and I too am from many places. Orphaned Land made a deep impression on me and I greatly admire their cause as well as their music. I am more of a 'reader' now because I work all the time. :wave:

Hi, Kenneth!

Bro,' you go as far back as this Forum, man.... It's an honor! I don't know what I was smoking :Smokin: to not notice Orphaned Land until now.

But I'm on a mission to catch up by posting a lot. Can you tell? :loco:

I can relate to your "I too am from many places." It gives a wo/man perspective to spend lots of time in different cultures, geographically separated or not. Darn right. It makes it real hard to be closed-minded, after getting clued in to how everything from food to spirituality can be so dramatically different elsewhere, and yet we share the same humanity, the same hopes, fears, dig?

I saw those pics from your wedding that you posted a while back. Man, I wish you two the best of luck. Happiness! It's precious.

Back to "busy,"

Hill

yes ! the forum is interesting and very helpfull :) thank to Nathalie's effort

Hey Hill, how are you doing dude ?!

Yeah, Nathalie is actually the pseudonym for a team of fifty people. That's why so much gets done. I have no other explanation.

How's life out in your kicka** Mediterranean city, Mister? Anything shaking?

Y'all have a great weekend, y'hear?

Peace,

Hill

All the best! Dance is an amazing form of expression, though I can't relate to it at all :D It's quite amazing seeing the vastness of globalization if this forum is to be taken as an example. Hearing about Classical Indian dances in the U.S. is something quite surprising for me as I've seen this around quite a bit in my life.

This whacked country of ours does have some major things going for it: You'll find everything and, often, everyone here.

Come visit. The flight is so short :) Well...but it's worth it. Oh, and the fare's real cheap :mad:

But, given that your name has been established as meaning "The Never Ending," I think four (4) things are in order, at least. I've done the first:

(1) Add you to the pantheon of Deities! I did. Hey, I never said I subscribed to any organized religion, did I? I'm working on my own spirituality and nobody's gonna tie me down. So here's another idea for me to chew on (no, I don't bite, Lord Ananth).

(2) for the strictly monotheistic, add you to the appropriate list of Holy Wo/Men, Saints, Seers, whatever float's you'n's boats. Or, start a new monotheistic religion, with Ananth as God. That would make you very, very busy, Ananth :lol:

(3) For the strictly atheistic, acquire the Complete Writings of Lord Ananth. (2010). New Delhi: Orphaned Land House. Then, from a strictly rationalistic stance, discuss his insights into the Meaning of Life. After that, watch some Monty Python (that's a compliment, Lord Ananth).

(4) Appoint Ananth for...something important for OL. C'mon: The "coincidence" (no such thing, right, as Saint Nathalie pointed out) is way too startling to overlook. Do a feature on him, with his permission. Like he wrote, there's such "vastness," in a global sense, to this forum. He's one of the most articulate people posting here. Do a feature on him, and fast, for Thus Spoke Hillathustra :OMG: !

(5) Start a collection (2-way flight, ground-transportation, R & B, spending $, hosts) so that Ananth can fly out to the diverse country of his choice.

The good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful, you can find it all in the USA, in every shape, color, taste, scent, etc.

Rock On, Kids,

Hill

A very warm welcome to both Jamillah and Alteredmindeath! :wave:Happy posting and reading and don't be scared about some of us writing an average of 10 posts a day :D
You are joining the forum in exciting times for all Orphaned Land fans!

:Shedevil:

Our fearless leader has a biting sense-of-humor but, fear not: She is a kind person, especially if you're not a smarta** Gringo like me :p

Damn doc, don't bring your work here! You got me pegged, I got M.P.D.
Imagine all 50 of them talking in my head at the same time :rolleyes:

Okay, then if this is real, please, have all 50 of you send me PMs. I like to read and write very long books and "books," after all. So let it roll!

This could be a mutually beneficial, confidential collaboration for all 51 of us.

And, as you, uh, see, I've got highly unusual work-hour access to my discrete lil' laptop, because people are too snowed in to check in. Or, new theory: Snowstorms have a temporarily calming effect on psychotic patients in outpatient treatment settings. Deep. Ahahah, the snow's deep, darn it!

Y'all take care,

Hill

...Also, with Facebook, MySpace and Twitter that is adapted to the 2 second attention span of a lot of people these days we have a lot of competition. Face it; the culture of forums is over and that's a shame!
Me, I stick around because people I "meet" here put in more effort than in those network sites where most people are only interested in "hi, how are you" and showing their latest photos. Overhere there is real conversation going on.
I STAY :)

Hell yeah, you're right, Morticia! I got so tired of the inane "friendships" based on "requests," mighty kindly "acceptances," and then...oh, wow: You've got 299 "friends," but you actually correspond with five, and only 2 of those five are human.

So I shut down every Face/Space/Ning account I had, and a few good things have ensued:

(1) I am no longer sucked into this global sickness that considers a jpeg, HTML or whatever a "friend." I mean, people really start believing this sci-fi!

(2) Y'all know that those sites are very addictive. I don't have an addictive personality but still became addicted to that absolute bull-leftovers trash. Remember, some very clever, malpracticing behavioral scientists (& I know where some of 'em live) engineer these sites to confuse you very seriously. You are then putty in their hands. I'm hereby cured of the addiction.

(3) My true non-musical sit-down hobby is to write or read. Yeah. Now I have time to do both. I consider SOME of my blathering here writing. Imagine, one has to actually express him/herself in writing here, rather than stick some right-clicked pic into someone's "Comment Box :puke:." I like it here, even if it wasn't about OL and the big picture that concerns us.

(4) I have rediscovered the old-fashioned meaning of "friend," and dig it a lot more. That's fortunate, because I'd be somewhere on the autistic spectrum if I preferred the company of make-believe computer-buddies to real human beings.' It's nice to be relatively normal again.

(5) I find time to post here :headbang::erk:. Yeah, yeah. I like it here. And although this Forum CORRECTLY doesn't foster the illusion that we're actually acquainted, it's far more real by dint of the typed communication by (typically) actual human-beings. Now isn't that pleasant? And a much higher percentage of people here (vs. the non-entitites in Satan's Face/Space/Ning PIT) are, to varying degrees, idealistic and, to varying degrees, interesting and interested. What a find! It's rumored that some even meet at concerts, or to go to concerts, or record-release (OL, comin' up) parties, or whatever--none of my biz!

Time to call it quits from here. 'cause this ain't no addiction, nuh-uh. This is love :)

Hill

That's it! I am opening an official non/off topic thread where we can talk all we want. I'm seriously afraid to scare any newbies away from the forum. Nothing to do with your post Hill, I just see things clearly this morning. Maybe cause my other 50 'halves' are still asleep?:lol::lol:
See ya folks in the rantings thread!:loco:

Yep, her story sounds like Natacha Atlas's one.

Natacha is a Belgian Jew raised in Egypt, took Islam, she is singing Qu'ran and bellydancing mixing Middle Eastern music and jazz/fusion/dub for Transglobal Underground in the UK.

Welcome to our new friends !!!

wooh Jamillah you're a true citizen of the world, an ORwarriOR !!!

Hi, thanks, nice to meet you to :wave:

Yep, her story sounds like Natacha Atlas's one.

Natacha is a Belgian Jew raised in Egypt, took Islam, she is singing Qu'ran and bellydancing mixing Middle Eastern music and jazz/fusion/dub for Transglobal Underground in the UK.

Really? I never heard of her, i'll google her, too
Yeah it was shocking to learn, i mean you grow up thinking of yourself as something trying to form your identity, then something like this shakes your reality

Hey y'all,

Just wanted to give a royal SCREAM to let you peeps know I ain't dead quite yet. Times are bad here in the USA and that's been devouring all of my attention. Being in the US, I haven't gotten my music and swag yet. I wanted it that way, anyhow, because I'm freakin' broke. Anton knows why. Feel free to ask him. Uh...sorry, Anton.

Hugs,

Hill

Nice to see you around again Will, this place does feel quite empty without your posts. Hope this moment of crisis gets over fast. See you around man.