iPhone 4

Dude my Nexus ones been broadcasting on UStream since I got it a month ago. Apple iPhone = Chick magnet thats all it is really, cause the hardware and software suck ...lol

Oh by the way ... video chat yea ... thats old school :p

Dude my Nexus ones been broadcasting on UStream since I got it a month ago. Apple iPhone = Chick magnet thats all it is really, cause the hardware and software suck ...lol

Oh by the way ... video chat yea ... thats old school :p

Saying the hardware on the iPhone sucks is completely laughable. the display on the iPhone obliterates any other smart phone on the market. The OS is great and hasn't had any sort of malware issues like Android has...at least that I am aware of.

This iPhone update is pretty bad ass imo. FaceTime is pretty sweet. Hopefully it will get approved as a standard for video chats so it can be incorporated into any smart phone.

the display on the iPhone obliterates any other smart phone on the market.

So you havent seen a Nexus One then ...lol it blows away the iPhone display and resolution. Its also got a faster chip, more ram, and OMG an SD slot to store up to 32GB of tunes :)

Games - check
Phone - check
Blue Tooth - check
5MP Camera - check
Camera Flash - check
Tethering - check
SD Slot - check
Network that actually works - check

Price $179.99 with 2 year agreement

iPhone 4G features:

• Unified Mailbox - Nexus has is
  • Application folders - Nexus has it
  • A new, sleeker body design - Nexus has it
  • Multi-Tasking - Yup Yup been that way forever
  • iChat camera (front cam) - Yup
  • OLED screen - Nope but see below
  • New wallpaper/background options - Yup even animated ones
  • 32G (basic) and 64G of memory - supports externally unlimited
  • Removable Battery - Yup Yup
  • Hi Definition Camera - Yup yup
  • Hi Definition Camcorder - Yup yup
  • Hi Definition audio - you need this on a phone??
Display

3.7 inch (diagonal) widescreen WVGA AMOLED touchscreen
800 x 480 pixels
100,000:1 typical contrast ratio
1ms typical response rate

Power and battery

Removable 1400 mAh battery
Charges at 480 mA from USB, at 980 mA from supplied charger
Talk time Up to 10 hours on 2G
Up to 7 hours on 3G Standby time Up to 290 hours on 2G
Up to 250 hours on 3G Internet use Up to 5 hours on 3G
Up to 6.5 hours on Wi-Fi Video playbackUp to 7 hoursAudio playbackUp to 20 hoursAnd yes it DOES get that much battery life :)

Oh and I am not tied down to iTunes and I can use my storage for anything :)

Anyway ... i was an iPhone guy till I found Android and the Google G1, Then I saw the possibilities :) Hey but if you need that all mighty pussy, feel free to get an iPhone :p

Im so stoked for this to come out.

As far as androids go they are great and the software is pretty damn good too. But I have yet to come across one that has the touch response that the iphones have. It could be just me but thats my big selling point for the iphones, not having to tap the same thing more than 1 time.

I've been an Android user for about a year and a half (HTC G1 - which is now a dinosaur) and I try to keep up on the latest and greatest Android stuff.

Even I think the new Iphone looks VERY sexy.

Oh ... 1 more dig :p

Adobe Flash works on my phone :p

I honestly never have any issues with having a phone without flash. All the sites I regularly visit don't use it.

I'm stoked for the better battery life and faster processor, that had me sold right there. I hope I can get some iPad-esque use out of it, the battery in that thing lasts forever.

As far as androids go they are great and the software is pretty damn good too. But I have yet to come across one that has the touch response that the iphones have.

I'm with ya.. the Droid is really good (better than anything that came out before it, minus iPhone) but the touch response still doesn't match the accuracy of iPhone IMO

I love the freedom I get with Android (and it's general look and feel) - without even having to manipulate the firm-/software. Of course, Google's involvement isn't particularly unobtrusive but I never had that "my way or the highway" feel that I had using the iPhone.

Android handsets feature a ridiculous fast evolution. On hardware AND software. So it's no wonder why the market share grows almost exponentially.

I actually don't see the iPhone 4 making a big leap ahead the competition, it's more like they're catching up for a minute as there are not only Android, but also Symbian 3 and Windows Phone 7, handsets about to be released which are on par with the iPhone 4 as far as hardware and features go (general handling is too subjective of course).

The iPhone 4 will most likely be significantly outdated by the end of the year (going purely by hardware specs and features).

But...

Of course it will be super successful. The iPad's success has shown (once again) clearly that many Apple products' success is rather based on added value than core features.

If you're happy with your iPhone, rawk on!

I lust for one in the worst way, specifically because I know there are apps to do everything I want to do (mainly just Guitar Pro), and because of the stability of the OS and screening process the apps have to go through, it's all guaranteed to work flawlessly! Plus, the battery life is in the absolute top-tier of smartphones, and the touch screen is incredible (and the resolution on the new one is 960x640 :worship: ). And I just love how intuitive everything is in terms of the touch commands, in typical Apple fashion (no I don't even own a Mac...yet :D)

And really, I don't get what you guys who feel crippled by the iphone OS need to do...

And really, I don't get what you guys who feel crippled by the iphone OS need to do...

I think a lot of it has to do with iOS being "closed." It isn't as customizable as people would like it to be. Many people hate that certain apps are not available on the iPhone because the phone has to be jailbroken in order to get these apps.

because of the stability of the OS and screening process the apps have to go through, it's all guaranteed to work flawlessly

Flawlessly working apps on one side, arbitrary censorship on the other.

The OS itself is rock solid on both platforms.

It's not like your taking much of a chance with Android apps.