Is Death condidered Death Metal???

Is Death "Death Metal"???

• Total voters
Definitely. Leprosy is one of their worst records

frown.gif

I officially declare that Scream Bloody Gore is better than Leprosy.

I infallibly pronounce Ex Cathedra that this view is Anathema and all who hold it are excommunicated. However the Holy See will allow for a variety of opinion in regards to which album has the better vocals.:saint:

It's a general question. Of course some releases are different, but Death didn't transcend genres, obviously. They can be labeled as Death Metal or not.

Relax.

Well the fact that there is a question of whether they are death metal or not proves that they may have transcended genres.

Common sense people. It's helpful.

The early albums are undeniably death metal. The later ones are progressive thrash/ heavy metal, Like Atheist, for instance. I never really understood why Atheist are considered death metal.

Let me ask you this: are you fucking retarded or what?

How was Wacken?

It had its very good aspects (some very nice performances, drinking), and its very ridiculous aspects (people passing out on the sidewalk, some shitty bands that I obviously did not watch, and general filth). I ought to post the pics I took in the pics thread.

Let me ask you this: are you fucking retarded or what?
Haha, Cyth, my man! You're back from Wacken already. Hope you had a great time, mate. :cool:

And no, I'm not playing that dreaded contrarian card again, I just don't get it what makes Atheist explicitly death metal.
Perhaps my notion of what constitutes death metal is incorrect, but in the case of Atheist I feel that the DM tag for the band is pretty liberal. I would classify them as heavy technical thrash.
If you could explain why I'm in the wrong without resorting to banality, then feel free to do so.

Okay,let me rephrase this: what is it exactly about Unquestionable Presence that makes it inherently death metal and albums like Symbolic and The Sound of Perseverance something else entirely?

It's still nothing to do with re-classification. It's all to do with the ANUS guys being dicks. The fact that people have taken their shit seriously is a worry tbh. I had a guy come up to me at work last year and ask if I'd heard that Chuck was actually a Christian who died of AIDS. This was a guy who knows nothing of ANUS and barely reads the internet.
Yah, they sound like a nice bunch of Anus's lol

He who touches the mighty sideburns of the Australian Sideburn Ambassador shall be cast into a dungeon filled with eternal Britney Spears music.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:

Okay,let me rephrase this: what is it exactly about Unquestionable Presence that makes it inherently death metal and albums like Symbolic and The Sound of Perseverance something else entirely?

Well he always used a death metal vocal style, with a little thrash thing going on... I think it's all death metal. I feel that something else is implied when people say their later albums are not death metal at all. It takes more than just riffing style to determine a genre. Besides, there are plenty of more death metal style riffs on their later albums.

Well the fact that there is a question of whether they are death metal or not proves that they may have transcended genres.

Common sense people. It's helpful.

You just don't know what it means to transcend genre classification, that's all ;) It means that they would be too abstract to be labeled in any specific genre. Death were not that diverse.

^Absolutely agree with the last point there. Death ranged from death metal to death metal that some people consider extreme progressive metal or even thrash if they're particularly retarded.