Is Krank still in business?

Apr 5, 2008
Washington
I've been trying to get a hold of their tech dept for a couple of weeks and they're not answering their phones or returning e-mails. Anyone know what's going on?

I did a quick search and found this link:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/234385-krank-goes-out-business.html

On March 22nd, Krank Amplification closed its doors. Ownership decided to not fulfill existing contracts and basically exit the amp business.
Repairs under the Lifetime Warranty are being handled by Krank's parent company, Kinetico Quality Water Systems.
For more information please contact:

Martin Chan
Kinetico Quality Water Systems
3304 N Delaware St
Chandler, AZ 85225
(602) 437-2474

So maybe try that number there. Good luck.

I'd been trying to get a hold of them for an issue with my Rev1 for weeks until I just sent it to a tech I trusted. Didn't someone on here just get an endorsement with them?

Best of luck,

i know the guy who started the company, tony krank, left a couple years ago to start a new company of his own...looks like another classic case of selling your shit out, then bailing because new management is ruining what you started

certainly didn't take 'em long to run it into the ground, that's for sure...

Difficult to get a hold of their tech guys.
I am (was?) an endorsee, so was guitar guru, but the really nice and kickass artist rep (chris catero) got the boot a few weeks ago, no idea what happened there and what's going on now.
But they did have a nice booth at NAMM

.....but apparently the closing down thing is a hoax?

Internet rumour, not true. From that same ss.org thread:

"Hey Bob,

Patrick's really got quite a bit of back logged emails to answer, give him a bit more time. We just started a new production run of 1980 and SST amps, Rev + and K-stein+ are next up.
Not sure where "people on forums" get their information about us going out of business?
Maybe they got the winning lottery numbers too!!
Truth is, that due to recent events, KRANK is stronger than ever.
We encourage you to stay tuned! We've got some exciting things happening in the very near future!!
You're gonna love it!"

Ok let me tell you guys what I do know.....

I was the guy that just picked up the endorsement with Krank, and I have been in contact with them daily since all of this came out. This is the information I have been given by a Krank representative.

Back in March Chris Catero the guy who pretty much did everything at Krank except buy it from Tony Krank was let go. Chris was the reason Krank was still thriving as an amp company. Chris was out there taking care of the customers and making everything happen. Chris was let go for "financial" reasons. According to what I have heard he was let go because he was getting paid too much money and Krank was consolidating. Even after he was fired Chris never ONCE talked bad about Krank or his experiences there. Chris is who got me the endorsement. NO ONE at Krank knew this was coming.

Since Chris was let go I have been working with someone new at Krank whos name for the moment shall not be give since he is still there. Since March I have purchased 5 Krank Ninteen 80 heads, and all of them have still been top quality and kicking ass. We also purchased 2 Ninteen80 Cabinets which are perfect in every way.

I have been told Krank is currently in some minor financial trouble and that is all. They have not decided what route they are going to take. Whether it be closing the doors, or selling off to a larger company. All current repairs to their amps are being done through Krank Authorized dealers, or through Kranks parent company Kinetico Quality Water Systems (the investor that bought it after Tony jumped ship)

They ARE still in full production. The employees at Krank are the ones that have made this company what it is, and are the ones still doing the quality work. The last Nineteen80 I bought has a build date on it of April 15th 2013. It was build by Jeromy Graves at Krank amplification.

Dont believe the rumors. Krank is not out of business, they are just in a transitional phase. Will the possibly go out of business? Let me ask you this how secure is any one company? Any major manufacturer is always at risk.

Just hang in there guys. I am sure our beloved Krank amps will be fine. And if they aren't, then they go down in history as one of those AWESOME old amp companies that made great amps but were eaten alive by the financial state of the country.

If you EVER thought of buying a Krank. Now is the time!

GG, as an endorsee, how the hell are you totally incapable of spelling the name of their amp correctly? You own 5 of the damn things, apparently.

Cause to be totally fucking honest, I could give a shit how shit gets spelled on the internet. Its the fucking internet, like it makes a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. They didnt endoese me cause of how I spell, or how I talk on the internet. They endorsed me cause of the way I play. Only a fool thinks how I type on an internet forum actually matters.

Cause to be totally fucking honest, I could give a shit how shit gets spelled on the internet. Its the fucking internet, like it makes a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. They didnt endoese me cause of how I spell, or how I talk on the internet. They endorsed me cause of the way I play. Only a fool thinks how I type on an internet forum actually matters.

Right, because they don't give you a deal on amps based on the premise that you'll give them additional exposure; exposure that could be gained by, I don't know, a fucking Google search? Aren't you in the web-business? Do you not understand SEO?

This is totally ignoring the fact that "nineteen" is a number you should have learned how to spell in the 3rd grade.

It's funny to me that you "don't give a shit how shit gets spelled on the internet" when you specifically went back and edited the typo you originally made on the word "endorsed." Bravo for consistency, GG. :lol:

COULDN'T Give a shit.

:lol:

hahaha i love where this thread has gone. but for real, how can you not spell nineteen correctly? what browser do you use? if it's google chrome then it would underline your poor spelling :p