Is metal a stereotype?

There are stereotypes for metalheads, just like there are for everyone. One show I hate, for casting metalheads into a "worthless loser" roll is Bevis and Butthead. I fucking HATE that show for how it portrays metalheads (Bevis and Butthead being really into trad metal).

You need to grow some thicker skin and get yourself a sense of humour.

Perhaps. But the fact that it does have an effect on people pisses me off. I've had some asshole tell me I don't seem like a metalhead at all because I don't "seem like a worthless loser who can't get any chicks." Beavis & Butthead, anyone? Sure, people who listen to 50 Cent are so much cooler than metalheads.

Do you remember that episode where beavis and butthead get someone too buy them beer and it's non-alcoholic. ha

that was funny as hell.

Do you remember that episode where beavis and butthead get someone too buy them beer and it's non-alcoholic. ha

that was funny as hell.
Yeah, that's a good one. Or the one where they help some biker bitch steal money. Beavis & Butthead is funny, but I hate the way it portrays metalheads, as Beavis & Butthead are obviously supposed to be losers.

However it works the other way as well; who watches Beavis & Butthead and lets it change their views (about metalheads)?? No one...it's a silly comedy. I doubt anyone has compared a metalhead to "Beavis."

However it works the other way as well; who watches Beavis & Butthead and lets it change their views (about metalheads)?? No one...it's a silly comedy. I doubt anyone has compared a metalhead to "Beavis."
Well, the characters Beavis and Butthead are definitely very into trad metal, there is no arguing that, and they are always wearing band shirts (of course, I'm aware that AC DC are not, and never were, metal). They are definitely supposed to be charicatures of metalheads from that time.

Perhaps. But the fact that it does have an effect on people pisses me off. I've had some asshole tell me I don't seem like a metalhead at all because I don't "seem like a worthless loser who can't get any chicks." Beavis & Butthead, anyone? Sure, people who listen to 50 Cent are so much cooler than metalheads.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

50 cent is despised in the hip hop community... it's quite funny when people claim to be hip hop fans and they listen to pop music and don't know jack shit about the genre

I got people on my friends list I wasn't close to i high school, they just knew me and had a few talks with me, but they get a Morbid Angel song as soon as they view my MySpace page. Maybe some of them will get into extreme metal now. :D :lol

Well, the characters Beavis and Butthead are definitely very into trad metal, there is no arguing that, and they are always wearing band shirts (of course, I'm aware that AC DC are not, and never were, metal). They are definitely supposed to be charicatures of metalheads from that time.

Thanks for avoiding my point completely.

Yeah, that's a good one. Or the one where they help some biker bitch steal money. Beavis & Butthead is funny, but I hate the way it portrays metalheads, as Beavis & Butthead are obviously supposed to be losers.
I love Beavis and Butthead, got Volumes 1,2, and 3 of the Mike Judge Collection.:) They act like hilarious metalheads, it'd be funny to meet someone like that in real life.

<< big fan fan of beavis and butthead

that episode with morbid angel video is fucking CLASSIC

Butthead - "hey look, it's another one of those heavy metal videos with a naked dude all curled up on the floor

beavis - "yea, yea"

butthead - (hears the beginning of the vocals by vincent) "whoa. Was that a bear???"

beavis - "uhmm. ROAAR. Yea yea I think so"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anybody know the episode with the death video in it???

This is a thread to discuss about this subject. I have heard numerous people stating that they kinda like metal but they dont want to start listening to it for fear of making them into what they think it would.
I mean, does tv and all the ignorant rumors and stereotypes about metal prevent people from listening to it and making them judgemental about it?
What are your thoughts and responses to this matter ?
Discuss.

if someone's that thick headed, they need to be shot.

<< big fan fan of beavis and butthead

that episode with morbid angel video is fucking CLASSIC

Butthead - "hey look, it's another one of those heavy metal videos with a naked dude all curled up on the floor

anybody know the episode with the death video in it???

someone youtube this video please>?

^ dont change the fucking subject, this isnt a thread about Buttis and beaverhead but smth else.

Kidding ofcourse, I think you will find that episode lying somewhere in the google video archives.