Is metal a stereotype?

Pshhh, have you ever bitten into an onion while drop-kicking a kitchen knife into some dudes chest?

I thought not.

^ dont change the fucking subject, this isnt a thread about Buttis and beaverhead but smth else.

Kidding ofcourse, I think you will find that episode lying somewhere in the google video archives.

Might the 'UG' in your name be in reference to the Ultimate Guitar site and forum?

On topic, I feel metalheads are constantly stereotyped. I remember once I was on the bus and I was listening to my mp3 player on random. Some girl that I didn't know sat down beside me (she was African-American). As I'm a polite person I took out the earthings and said, 'Hello.' She said, 'hey what are you listening to?' I said, 'The roots.' She said, 'do you mind if I listen too?' I said go right ahead. We proceeded to listen to some good hip-hop together. The song ended and Ghost of Perdition started playing. She jumped up and yelled, 'what is this?!?!?' I said, 'they're a Swedish band called Opeth.' She said, 'I hate that headbangin' shit! I hate it...' She then walked up to the front of the bus and sat down.

Small anecdote about the general community and true metal.

I don't look like a metalhead as most people picture them. I have a short haircut, play soccer, and sing opera.

Edit: Man, it appears that this thread has really gone to the dogs.

I remember once I was on the bus and I was listening to my mp3 player on random. Some girl that I didn't know sat down beside me (she was African-American). As I'm a polite person I took out the earthings and said, 'Hello.' She said, 'hey what are you listening to?' I said, 'The roots.' She said, 'do you mind if I listen too?' I said go right ahead. We proceeded to listen to some good hip-hop together. The song ended and Ghost of Perdition started playing. She jumped up and yelled, 'what is this?!?!?' I said, 'they're a Swedish band called Opeth.' She said, 'I hate that headbangin' shit! I hate it...' She then walked up to the front of the bus and sat down.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you should have played some suffocation or deeds of flesh instead (would have gotten a funnier reaction)

On topic, I feel metalheads are constantly stereotyped. I remember once I was on the bus and I was listening to my mp3 player on random. Some girl that I didn't know sat down beside me (she was African-American). As I'm a polite person I took out the earthings and said, 'Hello.' She said, 'hey what are you listening to?' I said, 'The roots.' She said, 'do you mind if I listen too?' I said go right ahead. We proceeded to listen to some good hip-hop together. The song ended and Ghost of Perdition started playing. She jumped up and yelled, 'what is this?!?!?' I said, 'they're a Swedish band called Opeth.' She said, 'I hate that headbangin' shit! I hate it...' She then walked up to the front of the bus and sat down.

What a bitch.

You don't choose to have faith. Otherwise it wouldn't be faith.

Atheism for the strong. :kickass:
Yeah, I did an oral report on atheism in my Religious Studies class for the whole period answering so many questions, was only supposed to be 10 minutes but plenty of Evangelical Christians who had plenty of questions for me made it interesting.:)

And about black people liking metal, one of my best friends who is black rides in my car with me and I'll play Nile, Six Feet Under, Suffocation, and Morbid Angel in there and he doesn't care, he said he liked Suffocation the best because there were 2 black guys in the band. :lol:
But he's into rap and just thinks metal is "alright", doesn't hate and doesn't like it too much thoguh he ddi like Homage For Satan by Deicide. :D

And about black people liking metal, one of my best friends who is black rides in my car with me and I'll play Nile, Six Feet Under, Suffocation, and Morbid Angel in there and he doesn't care, he said he liked Suffocation the best because there were 2 black guys in the band. :lol:
But he's into rap and just thinks metal is "alright", doesn't hate and doesn't like it too much thoguh he ddi like Homage For Satan by Deicide. :D

That's pretty cool.

And if some of you were thinking it, I was in no way dissing black people. One of my best friends who is black is into death metal and hip hop (as am I). I'm not to hip to the hip hop scene (lol) but I do enjoy it. He introduces me to a lot of good underground rap and I bring him lots of good metal bands. I think we have a great relationship in that respect.

That's pretty cool.

And if some of you were thinking it, I was in no way dissing black people. One of my best friends who is black is into death metal and hip hop (as am I). I'm not to hip to the hip hop scene (lol) but I do enjoy it. He introduces me to a lot of good underground rap and I bring him lots of good metal bands. I think we have a great relationship in that respect.
He plays 3 6 Mafia when he's with me, that's high intensity rap which is cool. High intensity is one of the reasons I like metal.