Is Opeth your # 1 Band?

Opeth is #1 in my book. Right now that is. Rare is it when I hear a band and go out and buy their entire back collection. Only 5-6 bands have I bought everything they've made. In my small world, that makes Opeth pretty freakin awesome.

Yes most definatelly i first listened to them at a party i was at it was late at night and the music of Black water park struck my ears since then i'v loved opeth and they eventually became my favourite band i'm still looking for rare releases and LP Vinyls to complete my discography collection :)

Well, to answer the OP, Opeth definitely aren't my #1 band, and to be honest, probably aren't my #1 metal band (although I don't really sit around and think about it) but they do hold a special place for me for a number of reasons.

Right now I have some ties...

1. Opeth/Tool
2. Porcupine Tree
3. Katatonia
4. Metallica (though I basically never listen to anything past 1988)
5. Bloodbath
6. Pink Floyd
7. Morbid Angel
8. Edge of Sanity
9. Isis
10. Agalloch/Enslaved

Opeth has been my #1 band since Still Life and up until Watershed and a dissapointing, uninspired concert last summer. My Dying Bride has always been a close second, and may yet usurp the throne should their upcoming album, For Lies I Sire, be an amazing piece of cool.

I don't think there is a metal band in my top 100 any more but they are definitely my favorite metal band.

Right now I have some ties...

1. Opeth/Tool
2. Porcupine Tree
3. Katatonia
4. Metallica (though I basically never listen to anything past 1988)
5. Bloodbath
6. Pink Floyd
7. Morbid Angel
8. Edge of Sanity
9. Isis
10. Agalloch/Enslaved

Apart from Metallica this list is pretty fucking spot on.

Yeap, was, will and always will be, since i discovered them i never looked at metal the same way, they even surpassed my fav band for 6 yrs, Pantera

I'm sorry to hear that you think this message board is lame. Also, I don't recall saying any genre was beneath me.