Is ReCabinet Worth It?

I'll tell you what, guys. Ever since I bought this thing, it has become a staple in my mixes. I can't wait until 3.5 comes out so I can use this thing in stereo and import impulses! :D

Based on the screenshot, this looks like it will be really fucking easy to use - more so than my current implementation. Will definitely upgrade!

Happy Recabinet3 user here, the dynamic fonction is very cool and add the subtle thing/air that lacks on classic IRs.

I was just wondering (I searched everywhere on the manual with no success) : is there an ideal input level with this plugin, so that the dynamic fonction works properly ?

Happy Recabinet3 user here, the dynamic fonction is very cool and add the subtle thing/air that lacks on classic IRs.

I was just wondering (I searched everywhere on the manual with no success) : is there an ideal input level with this plugin, so that the dynamic fonction works properly ?

Any healthy input level should be good. There's no need to "clip the input" or anything crazy like that.

PS - getting the installers ready for upload to the server as we speak. 3.5 is going live some time today.

Thanks for the quick reply !
I was asking because I know that dynamic processing are often built to work better at -xx dB FS input gain.
I usually work with -12 to -18 dB FS recorded audio, so it's all good.

Good news about 3.5, can't wait !

Recabinet 3.5 is live on the site now. Enjoy!

My new favorite impulse loader, sounds better and less buggy than KeFir, great work. If I had one thing to say it's that your loader is quite a bit quieter than others. Even with the same IR loaded two times with channel and output volumes maxed it is still about 6dB quieter than the same IR loaded into KeFir with 0dB attenuation. Not sure if this is feasible for a patch but the sound quality is great so it's a non-issue.

I'm going to test this on reverbs a little later.

My new favorite impulse loader, sounds better and less buggy than KeFir, great work. If I had one thing to say it's that your loader is quite a bit quieter than others. Even with the same IR loaded two times with channel and output volumes maxed it is still about 6dB quieter than the same IR loaded into KeFir with 0dB attenuation. Not sure if this is feasible for a patch but the sound quality is great so it's a non-issue.

I'm going to test this on reverbs a little later.

Thanks! I'm surprised to hear that it's quieter, although if you're using IRs that haven't been normalized, that could be the issue. I was going to put an auto-normalize in this update but there wasn't time. You could always normalize any IRs you plan to use if it's unusably quiet.

BTW - this won't work well for reverb IRs, as it only loads the first 1024 samples of IRs at 44.1 kHz (or the first 2230 samples at 96 kHz, or somewhere intelligently in between for resolutions in between.) For cabinets, that's more than enough data, but for reverbs, you need more.