Is there any metal band that you absolutely hate?

I don't really think i'm really a person that can be called a metalhead. If so, then I'd take a liking to such bands as Pantera, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, In Flames, Arch Enemy, Trivium, Korn, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Nevermore, Shadows Fall, God Forbid, and every other band along these lines. But I don't. I just could never get into that sort of thing. I think it's the more "thrashy" stuff that I don't like, I don't know.

Bands I DO like in metal;

Opeth (obviously)
Katatonia
Arcturus
Virgin Black
Ulver
Novembre
Orphaned Land
Anathema
Lacuna Coil
Dimmu Borgir
Emperor
Cradle of Filth (especially cruelty and dusk albums)
My Dying Bride
The Loveless
Klimt 1918

I don't know, stuff like that...it's hard to name alot of metal bands for me - some of them mix alot of rock sounds with it.

I will admit that I use to listen to a lot of nu-metal when it was getting really big (late 90's early 2000). Funny thing is that I really hate that scene just because it doesn't have anything new to offer. Slipknot when it was new, was fresh and was good. Now its annoying and crap compared to most of things I listen to now. Finding good music is harder than finding GOOD music. I know some people might bitch and moan but I really don't care what a band stands for. I listen to music for the music. If a band comes on stage with ballerina out fits on...wtf ever as long as the music is good I will probably buy there shit andsee them live. Thats what its all about.
CoF
Slapknut
Linkin Logs
Corn
Coal Chamber (Dez is a fuck nugget)
Static-X
Corpse(most DM)
and EMO...

whats wrong with ballerinas? :confused:

I don't ever listen to kiss and i've probably heard like 5 songs by them ever, but I just hate everything they stand for and why their band exists. I have little to no respect for them. They probably have some good songs, but that doesn't make me not hate them.

why? dont you hate something/someone that stands for something you oppose? itd be different if he said he hadnt listened to any of their music and still hated it but its fine to have no respect for a band because of what they stand for.

I don't ever listen to kiss and i've probably heard like 5 songs by them ever, but I just hate everything they stand for and why their band exists. I have little to no respect for them. They probably have some good songs, but that doesn't make me not hate them.
lmao, Varg's a silly racist tit, and I can't help but mock him. That doesn't prevent Burzum from being good BM, which I enjoy on occasion.

Just their whole attitude towards music. They're only in it to make millions of dollars and exploit their fans with the thousands of crap KISS products. Gene Simmons is a great businessman, but as a musician he just frustrates me. I know lots of bands are in it for the money, but not as many flaunt it the way KISS has. That band just represent the bad side of music to me. And thank you Biggsy for supporting my perspective.

nothing about music should matter except the music
teach.gif