Is there any metal band that you absolutely hate?

Pantera, more than any other band - more than Metallica, more than Megadeth, more than Slayer, more than Mastodon, Lamb of God, Absurd or Shadows Fall - is responsible for the seemingly inexhaustible supply of retards that presently inhabit the metal scene.

And I mean RE-TARDS, not your run of the mill Opeth-is-an-original-band, Chuck-Schuldiner-invented-death-metal, Dream-Theater-are-heterosexual idiots.

RETARDS!

You know, the kind of people who can look at this or watch this and still take these guys seriously.

yea that maybe true but surely you shouldnt judge any music on what the band members once dressed like or what the retard of a frontman has to say when he is blatantly boozed as fuck

Ok maybe I was a bit misinformed on the Slayer bit. To be honest, I've never listened to them, but a guy at school (total nutbar) once brought the lyrics of some song to class for some reason and told me they were all about paying homage to the guy who invented the gas chambers.

I forgot Nightwish. All the fucking emo non-metal retards are saying, "They're so cool! Tarj sings like opera lol!!1" Have you ever heard an opera, losers?I was so happy when she got kicked out. Doesn't make them any good though. Basically anything that's classed as "Goth Metal." It's all just bullshit.

yea that maybe true but surely you shouldnt judge any music on what the band members once dressed like or what the retard of a frontman has to say when he is blatantly boozed as fuck

this thread seems to be about *bands* that people hate, and that could apply to more than just the music.

I can honestly not think of a band that I truly despise. Until a year ago, I would have said the same if you'd asked me whether there was a person I truly hated.

Don't forget Kittie.

Ditto that.

I don't like Glam Metal (it's making a comeback), NU-Metal, all grindcore, most black metal. In short, people (can't call some of them musicians) who worry more about their image, being scary, having cred and getting pussy. I mean, it's like these people don't even respect the music for what it is, TRANSCENDENT.

Also, I list BM and Grind in there only because I like my metal singers at least somewhat articulate.

I love me some Pantera, but I will always HATE Phil Anselmo.

OH, I also despise most metal bands that feature a female singer, particularly (but not limited to) operatic metal and goth metal. I started listening to metal when I was younger because it had balls. If I want something cute and pretty, I will listen to other female singer/songwriters I love (tori amos, madeleine peyroux, sara bareilles, etc.), not metal. I don't listen to metal for PRETTY. Metal is not PRETTY.

Philip Anselmo is nothing more than a stupid, arrogant neanderthalean fuckhead, a huge tool to say the least. But i'm with Fullmetalcornflake because i really enjoy all the post-glam Pantera albums, the music is pretty great, very intense, i'm a fan. But why should i care about how they dressed like? is it really relevant?

If you really stretch the borders of genres and include Kiss as metal, then I fucking hate them the most out of any band I have ever known. Fucking disgraceful sellout pig fuckers! Simmons you're a fucking tool:mad:

Ok... that's out of the way... phew!

jesus, what a moron.

Like i said, Anselmo is a retard, but i think he was implying that discrimination comes form both sides(black and white), and that you should be proud of who you are, regardless of race, but being the dumbass that he is, he couldn't express himself very well...

I will admit that I use to listen to a lot of nu-metal when it was getting really big (late 90's early 2000). Funny thing is that I really hate that scene just because it doesn't have anything new to offer. Slipknot when it was new, was fresh and was good. Now its annoying and crap compared to most of things I listen to now. Finding good music is harder than finding GOOD music. I know some people might bitch and moan but I really don't care what a band stands for. I listen to music for the music. If a band comes on stage with ballerina out fits on...wtf ever as long as the music is good I will probably buy there shit andsee them live. Thats what its all about.
CoF
Slapknut
Linkin Logs
Corn
Coal Chamber (Dez is a fuck nugget)
Static-X
Corpse(most DM)
and EMO...