Is there any one metal album that we can all agree is an absolute classic?

There was a Yngwie song submitted in the Ancient History theme for one of the mixtape games and it was decent actually. Surprisingly far more restrained than a lot of the stuff I've heard by him so maybe he has some other decent stuff.

Yeah, Trilogy is a good place to start for that stuff. I submitted that song btw.

Alchemy is kind of a weird choice to be mentioned as an absolute classic.

Like it's an alright album but nowhere near his most popular or best album. it's certainly at least divisive look at the ratings.

I actually checked out Trilogy based on how great Dark Ages was and I was disappointed. There were maybe two or three other good songs but most of the album was way too far on the AOR/hard rock side for my liking. I guess it's no problem if you like that style of music but I definitely wouldn't call it "basically trad metal".

Reactions: Elric of Melniboné
Case rested.

I don't hate Yngwie Malmsteen, but it's nice to know that you care enough to get butthurt. I barely know his music at all.

He has acted like a dumbass throughout his career and is notorious for getting into feuds with all sorts of people. That's what I'm referring to.

On the subject of his music, one of the only songs by him that I do know is "I Am a Viking" and that song is pretty boring. I understand that he has a pretty varied career so I will still listen to the music that was recommended earlier.

You're really butthurt about this. You post dumb shit all the time but you feel obligated to "call out" people regularly like that accomplishes anything.

The conversation was resolved before you even commented and nobody took offense to it other than you. We were discussing his music and I said that I planned to listen to some of it. Please get over yourself.

Reactions: The Butt
ah don't believe all the Malmsteen press. He is guilty of single mindedness. But in music, l don't often see that as a negative.
The guy is an innovator. No matter if Roth or Blackmore came before him, he changed the game. Big time

What game did he change? Naming insufferable shred metal bands after the guitarist?

Trilogy is a good album but mostly because it feels like a coherent heavy metal band, not just whatever couple guys the guitarist got to play with him while he busts a nut to pictures of himself between recording tracks.

A shitton of neoclassical/power stuff probably spawned directly from Yngwie (and Blackmore of course). Probably a significant influence even on heavier bands that just wanted to develop their chops and incorporate more elaborate melodies in their music; Heathen would be one such band.