It's release day!

Theres definately a regular jewel case version. I snagged all 3 versions I found available (Japan version is on its way).

SYMPHONYX.jpg

Hey jax can you find out something for me if you don;t already know yet. On the DVD it comes with where is of sins and shadows performed at on the gigantour was it the show in Albaquerque (spelling) NM? I was front row at that show but in the video they never really show the crowd so I don't know if it was the one I was at.

I got it today.

Very good CD, but some songs were super heavy.

Kind-of on the same scope as "King of Terrors" on "The Oddessy" CD.

I did not know that this was going to be a super heavy CD.

I was expecting another Progressive CD like "V - The New Mythology" or a CD with a ton of melody on it like "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" CD.

On some songs, it sounded like Russell was just yelling instead of singing.

But the guitar work from Romeo is outstanding as always.

For some reaso people have got the album before the official release day. I got mine the day before yesterday.

Nevertheless, it's a friggin good album. Congrats to Symphony X.

:OMG:

Just got from FYE. Immediately heard "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" and then put this CD in. My ass is totally being handed to me as I speak!

Oh joyous day. Turns out my order with Impulse Music got fucked up somehow. No confirmation of any kind. But FYE had it for even cheaper, so the gods of metal have smiled upon me! The title track is playing and that has to be a slice of paradise itself. Russ's voice is empassioned like nothing else! I have waited like you all for YEARS, and this moment is everything I expected.

Incredible job, SX! Paradise Lost = :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

You know, after 5 years I was expecting this album to be.....not so much a flop, but I thought how can they deliver after so long. How wrong was I.

As far as I'm concerned this is their best album yet. I am in utter awe, Eve Of Seduction is one of the best songs I've heard, definitely one of my fave SX songs.

I love the direction, I've always liked heaviness and the like (I love Behemoth as much as I love Stevie Wonder), so it being heavier is great for me.

:worship:

Way to go, perfect follow up to The Odyssey

THE WALLS OF BABYLON IS THE BEST SONG EVER WRITTEN OF ALL TIME!!!

God, that felt good.

I got it today.
Very good CD, but some songs were super heavy.
Kind-of on the same scope as "King of Terrors" on "The Oddessy" CD.
I did not know that this was going to be a super heavy CD.
I was expecting another Progressive CD like "V - The New Mythology" or a CD with a ton of melody on it like "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" CD.
On some songs, it sounded like Russell was just yelling instead of singing.
But the guitar work from Romeo is outstanding as always.
No offense or anything dude, but have you not been reading every single interview and review of the album since Gigantour?

:OMG:

Just got from FYE. Immediately heard "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" and then put this CD in. My ass is totally being handed to me as I speak!

Oh joyous day. Turns out my order with Impulse Music got fucked up somehow. No confirmation of any kind. But FYE had it for even cheaper, so the gods of metal have smiled upon me! The title track is playing and that has to be a slice of paradise itself. Russ's voice is empassioned like nothing else! I have waited like you all for YEARS, and this moment is everything I expected.

Incredible job, SX! Paradise Lost = :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I ordered a week or so ago from Impulse Music as well and the only thing that I have had sent to me was the initial "we have revieved your order" confirmation email. Other than that they haven't sent me anything telling me when it will ship or even a tracking number or anything. The strange thing is that now when I go to the page that displays the exact cd I ordered it says that it comes out like 10 days after the "normal" version? The description says it has 30 mins of "behind the scenes footage" on the dvd whereas the version with the dvd that I got from FYE has the bootleg quality live performances.

Yup, not getting any kind of confirmation email or shipping notice from Impulse Music really got me worried (and of all CDs). Haven't seen the DVD yet, but I'm glad we were at least given that with the package, despite the quality.