jazz

Bill Evans is the answer. try "The Bill Evans Album" (1971), "Solo Sessions Vol. 1" (1963), "You Must Believe in Spring" (1977), "Affinity" (1979) and "Conversations with Myself" (1984).

hmm, check out Tortoise if you haven't already, they aren't really classical kind of jazz, they were big mostly in the 90's but it's interesting, mostly relaxing stuff (considered Post-Rock by some) and they don't have vocals

The exact artist you are looking for is Pat Metheny. Get anything from The Pat Metheny Group. Start with something a little more up tempo and contemporary like "We Live Here".

I can clearly recommend Teddy Wilson's version of "'Round midnight" (from "Plays the greats" 1959)!! Absolutely fantastic!!!!!
Also Oscar Peterson's "Wheatland" (from "Canadiana suite" 1965). Superb all the way through!!! His "Hymn to freedom" (from "Nighttrain" 1962) is also superb!!!! All are really, really beautiful!!!
If you're looking for some faster jazz I can recommend Jimmy Ponder's "Seven minds"!! Great shit!
If you into funkier jazz stuff from the 70's I can recommend Stanley Clarke. "Schooldays" from '76 is his best record IMO. Bob James is great! Check especially "El verano", "Tappan Zee", "I want to thank you (very much)" and "Nautilus". Grover Washington, Jr. is also great! His song "Knuckleheads" is one of the best jazz-funk tracks I know.
Other recommendable songs.
Lonnie Liston-Smith "Expansions"
Donald Byrd "Change (makes you want to hustle)"
Donald Byrd "Dominoes"
Blackbyrds "Dreaming about you"
Blackbyrds "Mysterious Vibes"
Azymuth "Jazz carnival"
Kool & The Gang "Summer madness"
Ronnie Laws "Always there"
Hubert Laws "Romeo & Juliet"

There's lots more I can't remember right now, as I'm not at home. I have some records called "Classic jazz-funk mastercuts" no. 1,2 & 3. No. 1 is the best IMO. It doesn't have one single bad track!!

he ask jazz!!

i think no one (except few)have mentioned real cool jazz artists...

first kool and the gang are funk

john zorn rules the earth but he is not jazz...

jaco's great but fusion...

etc.

listen to THELONIOUS MONK he create the whole piano thing...

and even if you don't like hornes LISTEN immediately to god mr.john coltrane himself!

STAY AWAY FROM ST GERMAIN(this fake son of a bitch!) !!!!!:eek: :eek: