Jeff Buckley

Didn't know that Katatonia song was a cover, especially since my digipak says "All music by Katatonia except Nightmares at Sea by" then a blank line.

If this song and a comparison to Radiohead is indicative of what Jeff Buckley sounds like, then I say sold.

EDIT: Can't say sold yet then. :p

Another great reissue is his Live at Sine, two disc collection. Just Jeff and a guitar. Lots of covers, some originals. Great shit.

I've been looking for some Radiohead CDs in the used bins. The only one I've seen is Pablo Honey, bleh.

I went to a local store and saw the new Grace re-issue, and the huge package of his material that matt was talking about. Both were in the $20's and $30's.

J. said:
I've been looking for some Radiohead CDs in the used bins. The only one I've seen is Pablo Honey, bleh.

I went to a local store and saw the new Grace re-issue, and the huge package of his material that matt was talking about. Both were in the $20's and $30's.

I think the Grace product you saw was most likely "The Grace EPs" as opposed to the remastered and expanded version of Grace I was talking about. The latter isn't supposed to be released until the 24th. The Grace EPs are a collection of cd singles and EPs from the album. Decent, but more for the completist.

There are a ton of posthumous packages, and some are much better than others. I've got about all of them and can give some feedback on stuff if you're interested. Post or shoot me an email.

One of the great things about Buckley, aside from the shitload of talent he had, was his passion. Its clear from his work that he was a passionate person, but I really dig his passion for music. He really was a music freak and expressed love for all kinds of stuff-- the MC5, folk stuff like Dylan, jazz standards and specifically Nina Simone, Bad Brains, world music like Youssef D'Anour (sp??!) etc, etc, etc. He loved it all.

Erik has had his two best avatars within the same day.

J. you should get OK Computer, I think anyone that enjoys quality music can find at least something to enjoy from it.

I'll probably just pick this Jeff Buckley CD up, seems like one of those things I'd dig on.

You may want to wait for the expanded version. It will be more expensive, but has a second full disc of stuff plus a DVD

tvghuzae.jpg