Jeff Buckley

BloodStainedWalls said:
Debateable suicide...

I've never heard much conjecture about that. Of course, its possible, but from all accounts it seems like one of those freak things.

Probably most of you are aware, but Jeff's dad Tim Buckley was also an almost rock star in the '60s. Both had amazing voices and were critically acclaimed singer/songwriters, both died at 27.

NAD said:
Didn't know that Katatonia song was a cover, especially since my digipak says "All music by Katatonia except Nightmares at Sea by" then a blank line.
Odd, my TD slipcase does credit Buckley...blame the poorly designed reissues. I can understand not knowing Katatonia didn't write it, it fits extremely well between A Darkness Coming and Black Session...

Well that and the fact I never went through the liner notes for Tonight's Decision until today anyhow. :loco:

One of my all time favourite musicians, his voice is just stunning. I think you'll really enjoy Sketches for my Sweetheart the Drunk, amazing music and lyrics, just as good as Grace.

P.S: Buy OK Computer J.

I am getting Sketches... without a doubt. It's just a matter of having some money.

If Radiohead is half as emotive as Buckley with at least half the writing talent, consider me sold (first time I've ever used that RC line).

J. said:
I've been looking for some Radiohead CDs in the used bins. The only one I've seen is Pablo Honey, bleh.
Heh, that one's always in the used bins. I own it, but have probably listened to it twice in my entire life, no lie. Summing up Radiohead by "Pablo Honey" is like summing up The Beatles with "Please Please Me".

And any fucker here that keeps saying Radiohead's "OK Computer" is like Anathema's "Alternative 4" should just go slice their nuts off with a blunt spoon and go listen to Hatebreed or something. :tickled:

With that said, I don't know whether OK Computer will work for you, J. I think you might go into it expecting instant gratification, and truth be known, I think I like it more now having owned it for the last 7 years or whatever. It's just one of those albums that is larger than life, down to every fucking single lyric contained within.

Never heard any Buckley. Got a CD burner yet?

...and all you motherfuckers who enjoy the artsy fartsy bands like Radiohead would do yourselves a favor if you checked out Dredg - El Cielo. It's about Sleep Paralysis and is A-mazing.

NAD, you got it and JK will have it prob tomorrow.

Sound interesting.

Speaking of artsy fartsy and good as hell: Go buy Slint's Spiderland. Run, don't walk; ask for it by name; tell em matt sent you; etc. etc. Fucking phenomenal. Its Ginourmous.

I've always wanted to pick up a Dredg album to be honest. I always see 'em in the stores. There are two releases, yes? I always see the two digipacks for fairly cheap $9.99 each.