Jeff Buckley

Demonspell pretty much said it all. That site is a great resource for well written, descriptive reviews of non-metal and metal alike, though the number of metal reviews pales in comparison to other genres.

That Buckley review is excellent.

JayKeeley said:
Wow. Fuck me, what a write up. :kickass:

Glad first reports are coming in as I called it. I'll review this myself this weekend.
I’ve heard the new album and haven’t really settled on a final opinion. But after a few spins I’d say it is better than the last three and is about on par w/ Youthanasia. Kick the Chair is great stuff–too bad its by far the heaviest song on the album. Most of the songs are pretty good, I’m just not blown away. And what is with the stupid fucking voice overs on the first few songs? Dave pulled that shit on the last album too. Its embarrassingly bad.
Overall, a nice addition to the Megadeth collection.

matt99_crew said:
I’ve heard the new album and haven’t really settled on a final opinion. But after a few spins I’d say it is better than the last three and is about on par w/ Youthanasia.
That in itself is beyond incredible if you think about it. A band that lost its way, called it quits, and then comes back to give us something that's at least as good as Youthanasia? Damn, I couldn't ask for more.

NAD said:
As good as Youthanasia? I could ask for a LOT more than that. :p
Haha, I've been listening to it lately, and it's not as bad as I remember. I rank it alongside CW at least. Man, I cannot deny Reckoning Day and Addicted to Chaos as some of the best Deth tunes ever.

Anyway, people will either buy the new 'Deth album or they won't. Who the fuck gives a shit, as long as I'm happy. :D

That last quote pulls it into perspective Erik. There is no logic when it comes to bands like 'Deth. :Spin:

There are a lot of good tracks on Youthanasia, the title track and Reckoning Day in particular. Overall it's average though.

NAD said:
There are a lot of good tracks on Youthanasia, the title track and Reckoning Day in particular. Overall it's average though.
Youthanasia is average when compared to other 'Deth, yes. I have to put it into perspective like that.

"Piece of Mind" is not as good as "Powerslave". "Paranoid" is not as good as "Master of Reality". "And Justice for All" is not as good as "Ride the Lightning". I rest my case. :loco:

BloodStainedWalls said:
...and all you motherfuckers who enjoy the artsy fartsy bands like Radiohead would do yourselves a favor if you checked out Dredg - El Cielo. It's about Sleep Paralysis and is A-mazing.
I got this today, and it's pretty freakin' good. It's just some catchy tunes, most would probably appeal to wide audience, but far too "intelligent" and too patience-demanding for the radio or radio listeners or MTV crowd.

holy shit, Buckley was undoubtedly a genius, and would have been one of music's finest artist, had he lived.

Sketches... is beautiful. And yeah, Nightmares By the Sea is wonderful. And the show The Dead Zone just got even cooler since they use Buckley's "New Year's Prayer" as the intro song. I didn't even realize it until I was listening to it, and thought, "Hey I know that song."