JENS BOGREN - my new hero

Ah, right, I'm well-acquainted with it, just didn't make the connection! Gotta say I prefer the prod. on "Fathomless" though...

One of my bandmates has been sending emails back and forth with Conny from Anata and it appears that they're in the process of recording with Jens! :cool: It sounds like he's been using some really strange and wonderful techniques, I can't wait to hear this record.

One of my bandmates has been sending emails back and forth with Conny from Anata and it appears that they're in the process of recording with Jens! :cool: It sounds like he's been using some really strange and wonderful techniques, I can't wait to hear this record.

Fuck yeah!! I love Anata. Can't wait to hear what Jens will do to them!

Sounds veeeery interesting! Can´t wait for the album either. Anatas Music really deserves impressive mixing...
Very Interesting Thread by the way... Jen´s work is awesome....
i hope he also continues working with opeth. The sound on Watershed is stunning.

what up everyone. Check out our record "Illusions" at www.hollowayband.com - the album was mixed and mastered by Jens. Great guy to work with. i honestly think he creates the best drum sound i have ever herd. i love it. and the guitars are amazing too. The tone he achieved for us is the classic tone he is known for. we tracked the guitars with a mesa dual Rec, which is what was used on GhostReveries and TGCD. Anyway its another example of this superior tones and a great rock/metal album so check it out.
www.hollowayband.com myspace.com/theholloway:headbang::headbang:

So, I read that Jens used V30s and G12K-100s in an X pattern in the mesa cab on some of his work? (ghost reveries, I think) but I didn't notice any mention of that in this thread.... anybody have any info?

Nah, AFAIK he just has a Mode Four MF400 cab with 4x G12K100s, and then the Mesa cab with the stock V30s (and that he just used the MF400 on TGCD and GR)

this thread has just convinced me to save for a fireball instead of a 6505 for my first tube amp. I'm at the point i cant stand the lack of rawness in recordings using the 6505

:)

Hi guys, I posted a while back that i will post samples from our new album "soon" =)

Since then our band changed its name from "Downfall" to "Blackstar Halo" and now album is going to be released 17.02.2010

Check out first single from the album and its 80'es action film themed music video "Illuminated"
http://www.illuminatedalbum.com

and please support the good cause to make the trip to Jens at next album recording possible by Pre-ordering our album!
http://www.blackstarhalo.com/pre-order-illuminated/

Hope you like it, we worked really hard to make it!

EDIT: this album is mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren if that was not clear =)

Cheers,
Harbo