Joey and John Bush's songs

KillerB

Heaven Piercer
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I've been listening to Joey sing Only and have been wondering how he would sound like doing other songs from the Bush era. What do you guys think? To be honest, I think he'd sound hilarious doing anything not from SoWN, especially songs from Stomp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like them to include Room For One more,What Doesn't Die and Safe Home. :worship:

Yeah agreed. Joe should do these fine. Not sure about Inside Out though. As I wrote in another post, I just wish he'd get the words to Only right. "You can't tell me NOT to stop it". What?

i would rather do black lodge instead of safe home...or anything really more than safe home.

Taking into consideration Joey's vocals on PoT, there's no real reason he couldn't pull off most of the John-era songs successfully.

I imagine his voice isn't as strong as it once was (who's isn't at 50 years old!!!) but I'd still like to see Anthrax include a few more songs from the John-era. Heck I wish they would just change the damn set list in it's entirety. I'm sure there's plenty of people who feel they need to keep playing Caught in a Mosh, Antisocial, Got the Time etc but for the love of God, mix things up a little!!!

I think he does a good job. Bruce never had any problems singing songs from the DiAnno or Blaze-eras. And Joey never seemed to have any problems singing Neil-era songs. I hate when bands replace singes with clones. Neil, Joey, John and Dan sound different, that's healthy for the music. Maybe the band wants to cater to the fans who stopped listening to Thrax in 1992, which I think is nostalgic bullshit. Mix up the setlist.

This whole debate about what songs singers cant sing "correct" reminds me of when Withfield replaced Keith in Life of Agony. Everyone either laughed or was disgusted but he pulled it off very well live.

This whole debate about what songs singers cant sing "correct" reminds me of when Withfield replaced Keith in Life of Agony. Everyone either laughed or was disgusted but he pulled it off very well live.

He did... didn't he?? I always thought he was a great singer irrespective of what people thought of his original band.

I don't want to hear Joey ruin any more Bush songs. Please just stick with the 80's stuff.

I'd love to hear Joey Singing songs like 1000 points of hate, safe home, What Doesn't Die etc. And I really can't find a reason why he couldn't sing the songs from Bush-era.

Just leave them alone. Only is the easiest Bush era song and joey ruins it. Although one time for pure comic reason i'd like to see Joey do Inside Out.

Taking into consideration Joey's vocals on PoT, there's no real reason he couldn't pull off most of the John-era songs successfully.

I imagine his voice isn't as strong as it once was (who's isn't at 50 years old!!!) but I'd still like to see Anthrax include a few more songs from the John-era. Heck I wish they would just change the damn set list in it's entirety. I'm sure there's plenty of people who feel they need to keep playing Caught in a Mosh, Antisocial, Got the Time etc but for the love of God, mix things up a little!!!

Agreed! Catharsis and Safe Home would, I think, be great with Joey.

Less ATL, more POT, STD and some Bush era tracks please!

Best thing about this video is hearing the crowd sing a BUSHera song louder and sounding better than the guy on stage.

Just leave them alone. Only is the easiest Bush era song and joey ruins it. Although one time for pure comic reason i'd like to see Joey do Inside Out.

Meh. I think the song was ruined when they wrote it and it really doesn't matter who sings it.

That being said, I think Joey does a good job here and sounds pretty good. He is obviously being held back by sub-standard material but he does a good job with what little he has to work with.

I agree with you and wish that they would leave the Bush era songs alone. No reason to recall that sub-standard era of "Anthrax". Just keep to the good stuff (P.O.T. and back) and continue writing solid music, which is what "Fight 'Em...." sounds like its going to be.

The quicker Anthrax forgets about the Bush era, the better their chance of resurrecting their career. Hopefully, "Fight 'Em...." is a sign of things to come and Anthrax can put the low-lights (SOWN-WCFYA) behind them.

I personally think they should stick to their own songs. If I wanna listen to Joey then i'll play Joey thrax mp3's, and if I wanna hear Bush era then i'll play those. It's pretty simple.
p.s. I mostly listen to Joey era Anthrax! :heh:

Best thing about this video is hearing the crowd sing a BUSHera song louder and sounding better than the guy on stage.

Meh. I think the song was ruined when they wrote it and it really doesn't matter who sings it.

That being said, I think Joey does a good job here and sounds pretty good. He is obviously being held back by sub-standard material but he does a good job with what little he has to work with.

I agree with you and wish that they would leave the Bush era songs alone. No reason to recall that sub-standard era of "Anthrax". Just keep to the good stuff (P.O.T. and back) and continue writing solid music, which is what "Fight 'Em...." sounds like its going to be.

The quicker Anthrax forgets about the Bush era, the better their chance of resurrecting their career. Hopefully, "Fight 'Em...." is a sign of things to come and Anthrax can put the low-lights (SOWN-WCFYA) behind them.

These fucking guys...:Smug:

the low-light called "Sound Of White Noise" brought them their best chart-position in the band's history.

Yes. It sure did. Building on the success of P.O.T.. After most Anthrax fans heard what the Bush-era Anthrax really sounded like they abandoned Anthrax like rats on a sinking ship.

Bottom line, Anthrax could have released an album with Yanni singing lead vocals and it would have sold well after the excellent P.O.T. album. That album was their high-water mark and fans would have bought anything by them after that, thinking it would be a continuation of the greatness that was P.O.T.. Unfortunately for both the fans and the band, Anthrax completely changed their sound and almost ruined their career in the process.

They finally have a real chance to redeem themselves. No need to ruin it by playing songs from an era most Anthrax fans would like to forget even existed.